Muppet Fan Confessions

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Honestly I didn’t mind Rosita too much as a kid, but the older I’ve gotten, the more I just find her really annoying. Especially her voice. :smirk:
That's surprising. I haven't heard anyone say they actively dislike Rosita. Even Nantovision has said that Rosita was his favorite character from the post-Jim era.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Like I said, it was age that did it for me. There are times she can come off a bit Zoe and post-season 29 Elmo childish for me.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I guess I'll add some more to this thread

- Eric Jacobson in Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie did a better job performing Frank Oz's characters (Fozzie, Piggy, Animal) than Frank Oz did during mid-to-late 90s muppet productions (Treasure Island, Muppets Tonight, and Muppets From Space). Frank's voices for the characters during that era almost felt like a fan impression.

- David Rudman is a fantastic performer but Scooter has never sounded or acted like himself since Hunt's death. They took a sneaky opportunist and turned him into a weird momma's boy/socially-awkward loser. We have yet to see his clever edge from the TMS years and I doubt we ever will.

- The muppets being themselves in a production is almost always better than them doing reenactments of classic tales (MTI, MCC, MWoO) and I really don't get why so many people want them to do more adaptions.

TheRealFraggle

Reaction score
I hate the Muppet Babies. I've never even seen either of the two animated shows, but just the thought of turning the Muppets into babies and dumbing them down to make them purely for little children really turns me off. Even seeing brief scenes with them in The Muppets Take Manhattan and A Muppet Family Christmas makes me mad.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
-I used to think that the Muppet Robot Chicken parodies were funny. I still like some of them but now I just think the majority of them are lame attempts at shock humor. The Emmett Otter and Kermit Kong ones are particularly awful. Despite the graphic violence, Watership Fraggle is still a guilty pleasure though.

-I used to hate The Fireys from Labyrinth. Not only were their designs a bit creepy, but the song they did felt completely out of place in the movie's storyline. Now I like them, though.

-My friend and I once came up with our own R-rated parody of The Muppet Show where all of the characters were anthropomorphic genitalia.

-I hadn't seen any Muppets Tonight episodes until last December.

-One time when I was at the zoo, I made a bunch of howler monkeys go crazy by shouting the Koozebanian mating ritual at the top of my lungs.

-I stopped liking Muppets all together when I was 4 years old and first saw the Alice Cooper episode. I was genuinely scared of Muppets for about a year and a half straight. Unfortunately, the thing that got me back in to them was none other than the controversial Muppet Wizard of Oz. Nowadays, I think it's one of the worst movies they ever made, so the fact that it alone was what made me a Muppet fan again is kind of embarrassing.

-I used to sing a parody song of Telephone Rock about Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. It's not really a confession, but it's still a terrible pun regardless.

-I had a slight crush on Miss Piggy, it didn't last long though. She never been a full-blown waifu or anything like that.

-Before I knew his name, I always referred to Uncle Deadly as "the dragon". Not to be confused with a completely unrelated Muppet monster named Fred the Dragon, who I was completely unaware of at the time.

-The cat in the jungle animation from Sesame Street makes me uneasy. Something about the music, the visuals, and the general unnerving atmosphere bother me. Whenever I'm watching it at night, I always skip past it.

-I still have no idea what type of animal Beauregard is supposed to be.

-This might sound a bit strange, but I'm planning on binge watching every Family Guy episode with a Muppet reference, starting later this week. Muppet Wiki will guide me through that one!

-One of the funnier examples of me mishearing the lyrics of a Muppet song is in the "Fit as a Fiddle and Ready for Love" number from the Gene Kelly episode. When the grey dog says, "Wow! She can dance too!", I used to think that he was saying "Chicken Dance 2". Like apparently, she was doing some sort of new version of the Chicken Dance in my mind lol.

-One of my least favorite characters as a kid was the one-eyed cat who lived in the Muppet Theater. I felt so bad for poor little Gaffer and failed to see how an animal losing an eye was funny.

-After watching her perform We Must Believe in Magic on The Muppet Show, I developed a slight crush on Crystal Gayle for a little while. Despite the fact that she's old enough to be my mom, I was absolutely enchanted by her beautiful singing voice.

-When I first watched The Princess Bride, I was unable to take Inigo Montoya seriously because I had only ever seen that actor play Huxley, the comedic "bad guy" from Elmo in Grouchland.

-The lack of female Muppets still bothers me. Thankfully, Sesame Street has added many girls to the main cast over the years. The Muppets are still stuck with just Miss Piggy, Janice, and Camilla the non-anthropomorphic chicken. If I were asked to come up with a new Muppet character, it definitely wouldn't be another boy. I can guarantee that!

-Even after they jumped the shark, I kept on watching The Goldbergs just because of the fact that they referenced the Muppets in nearly every episode. When the actor who portrayed Pop Pop died in real life, I quit watching though. He was such a great character, and I didn't like the thought of him not being around anymore.

TheRealFraggle

Reaction score
Flaky Pudding said:
"-I had a slight crush on Miss Piggy, it didn't last long though. She never been a full-blown waifu or anything like that."

Now might be a good time for me to mention that I have more than a slight crush on Red Fraggle,
By the way Flaky, I don't think Beauregard is supposed to be an animal at all. He's one of the vaguely humanoid "abstract" Muppets such as Animal, Beaker, or Clifford (I would mention Gonzo, but I like Muppets from Space too much for me to ignore that movie's explanation of his species).

TheRealFraggle

Reaction score
Some more confessions from TheRealFraggle:
- I absolutely hate Elmo, and newer Sesame Street in general. I really like older Sesame Street (from 1969 until the end of the '80s) and love pretty much all the characters from those years of the show (particularly Ernie and Bert, Grover, and Cookie Monster), but I loath Elmo (as well as the other newer characters like Rosita, Zoe, etc.) and couldn't even watch the show nowadays due to his presence.
- When I was really young, like seven years old, and I would still watch newer Sesame Street, I had a bit of a crush on Abby Cadabby. Nowadays though that's gone and I hate her as much as the other post-old school characters on the show. I guess I have a thing for puppets with pigtails...
- I hate the movie Labyrinth. The Dark Crystal was fine, but I have no idea what Jim was thinking when he made his second movie because it is one of the strangest movies I have ever seen and feels like Jim was focusing way too hard on experimenting with his puppets than with actually telling a good story. Plus, of course, the presence of David Bowie is just distracting.
- I also hate the MuppeTelevision segments on The Jim Henson Hour. Parts of the show like The Storyteller were good, but the Muppet parts felt like a failed attempt to recapture the magic of the original Muppet Show without any of the original characters except for Kermit and sometimes Gonzo. Plus I don't like any of the characters invented for the show. Digit, Leon, Waldo, Lindbergh, and Clifford all just get on my nerves.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I guess I'll add some more to this thread

- Eric Jacobson in Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie did a better job performing Frank Oz's characters (Fozzie, Piggy, Animal) than Frank Oz did during mid-to-late 90s muppet productions (Treasure Island, Muppets Tonight, and Muppets From Space). Frank's voices for the characters during that era almost felt like a fan impression.
Yeah, I've noticed that specifically in MFS. I actually thought Frank did a fair job with Piggy with "Love Led Us" here in MTI, but I see what you're saying. Frank did seem to lose something with his performances in later years, especially considering he just sort of "dubbed" the voices later on, Eric did seem to breathe some young life into Frank's characters, not unlike how Casey Kasem's Shaggy voice sounded kind of distorted in his later years, but one Matthew Lillard took over, the voice started to sound more like the classic Shaggy voice, but that's another story.