Muppet Eyes: What are they made of?

Sprocket77

Reaction score
I've been wonderin' for a long time...what are Muppet eyes made of? I already know what Kermit the Frog's eyes are made of. We practically all know what his eyes are made of!

But what are some notable Muppet eyes made of? Ernie's eyes and Bert's eyes are some pairs of eyes. I'd like to know what they're made of. Oh yeah, and some Fraggle eyes. What are they made of? Does anybody know?

In addition...how do you make Cookie Monster's googly eyes?

Muppetlab

Reaction score
I to have wandered this.. But have come to the conclusion that most are specially made. Probably by vacumn forming. I very much doubt that the current kermit still has pingpong balls for eyes :smile:
I have found that good results can be made using everyday objects such as plastic spoons.. There are so many shapes of spoons out there!!
Other materials which work are craft balls (plastic half domes painted white) and white craft foam sheets :smile:

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Its a way of forming shapes with a sheet of plastic. It is "sucked" over a mould to give it shape.

TheWemblin'Fool

Reaction score
I to have wandered this.. But have come to the conclusion that most are specially made. Probably by vacumn forming. I very much doubt that the current kermit still has pingpong balls for eyes :smile:
I have found that good results can be made using everyday objects such as plastic spoons.. There are so many shapes of spoons out there!!
Other materials which work are craft balls (plastic half domes painted white) and white craft foam sheets :smile:
Where do you buy craft balls? I've heard of them but I'm never sure where I can buy them