Muppet Costuming For Yourself?

muppet baby

Reaction score
Hi Fozzie Bear

I hope that the costume works out for you everything sounds great so far .:smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks, ya'll; but, no time to get it all prepared this year. I just was posting that in case someone wanted to search it out themselves.

I found some ears on one site and lost the link!! They were great piggie (not Piggy) ears, too.

Luke

Reaction score
Ruahnna said:
But you have to promise video....
Your just thinking of the potential long term profit from selling the footage to a hidden camera TV show or something! lol!

Kev in a dress? Well, i hear he has the legs for it!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
No, that would be my friend, the frog. The frog has the legs for it.

Next year we will be doing the Piggy thing. It will have to be a nice production number that Piggy can flub. Between now and then I'll get it all together. I've decided that I can't bring it up here and not follow through.

I also decided that one of my friends (who's a lady) can buy a dress that fits her, although a little long, and then it should fit me.

And someone who WANTS to see me in a dress. :crazy: <----- you.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Songs suggestions and a website

I've been thinking of songs for you, dear. (Not that you asked, or anything.) Here are some of my favorites that Miss Piggy could do as no other:
Can't Help Loving That Frog of Mine (she actually hums this song in one of TMS episodes while she is lurking outside her dressing room.)
Ain't Misbehavin'
You Made Me Love You (Sam would be shocked! SHOCKED!)

Also, since I am in a costume sort of mood, there is a web site:

http://www.equinarts.com/

It has some costumes that are interesting, including a very believable one of the Count von Count. Also, Animal. There are others, but I found the website difficult to search. Still, seeing the great monocled one was great!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think during discussions with my friends we've settled on--not meaning we're ever going to do it--What Now My Love.

One of my friends has told me to get over it, that next year I'm doing this. She's currently trying to find a dress like Miss Piggy's that will fit her (because then it will fit me). She also is looking for purple satin gloves.

Everything else seems to be quickly available on the internet: wig, ears, snout.

AnnF

Reaction score
The Critics Costume

I was wondering if such things were made, and if so where I might be able to find them. My dad and I are going to Disney for Mickey's Not So Scarry Halloween Party in September and I thought it would be fun to go as 2 of our favorite characters :sleep: :boo: The Critics. I'd need adult sizes. As we're 21 and 45.

Thanks.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
You should be able to find some old-man wigs, but the rest of the outfit is only a brown suit or pin-striped navy blue suit. With vests. If you have the action figures of Statler and Waldorf, I suggest taking those into a second-hand store and you should be able to find the suits there.

muppet baby

Reaction score
I think during discussions with my friends we've settled on--not meaning we're ever going to do it--What Now My Love.

One of my friends has told me to get over it, that next year I'm doing this. She's currently trying to find a dress like Miss Piggy's that will fit her (because then it will fit me). She also is looking for purple satin gloves.

Everything else seems to be quickly available on the internet: wig, ears, snout.
oh man fozzie that would be so great to go and sing what now my love with miss piggy that would be so great , i hope that it works out for you i wish that maybe you would post pictures that would sooooooooooooooooo cute i love miss piggy soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much really .

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Well, on the topic of costuming yourself, I'm tempted (yet again this year) to dress up as Scooter or Richard Hunt. Any ideas for either? I had an idea last year, but I've gone through a pre-dress up (old habit from drama class to make sure it always looks perfect before actually doing it) and...it never really "clicked" for either of them.

And besides that if I don't dress up as Scooter or Richard Hunt, I might dress up as another muppet. Any ideas perhaps? I am quite a large woman, so I couldn't pull off a decent Janice. XD