Muppet College Roommates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooter

Reaction score
I'm very pleased that you like my design. I was nervous when I was putting it together that there would be some problem as to who would fit where.
I wanted to let everyone know that if they would like a room change because they wanted to be next to someone please just tell me. Please tell The Count(Mc) first since he is the one truly incharge of where everyone goes and I just draw it so as to put it into perspective.
I had said this in one of my earlier posts but I would like to repeat my self.
The floor plan I have is just that, a floor plan I would like to plan out plans for everyone's rooms and possibly get into a more detailed drawing of them and the rest of the dorm. (I am no artist so these would not be very grand but I would like to try.) In order to do that I would need everybody's input as to what they think the dorm should look like, the common room, bathroom, hall, lobby. and then their own dorm.
If you would like to describe one of these please either tell one of us(indicates the two Scooters) or just leave us a note on our door. I will try to get to them asap.
Thanks!
--Scooter--:wink:

I have the plan redrawn and will be updating it later today.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, thanks for that recognition Scooter though you're the guy putting it down in writing. The help should come from all of us. What room did you place Aaron Likes Rowlf and the Newsman on Floor 2? Cause Erine and the monsters would like to be moved upstairs to that room and leave Room #4 unoccupied once again. If this helps, I suggested that dumbwaiter instead of being inside the two connected rooms, should rather be placed inside the furnace in the back corner of both living rooms. If we're seeing the plan directly from in front... then the fireplace with the dumbwaiter hidden inside should be tucked in the back right corner next to the outside wall of Rooms #1 and #15 respectively. Also, that way you'd have the back left corner of the Floor 2 living room freed up to place Oscar the Grouch in his trash can. Hope this helps and hopefully we can make this thing come to life with vonderful descripts from all.

Scooter

Reaction score
Alright Myself and Scooter have the new room arrangement all set.

Ernie81,891 you have been moved upstairs to room #26 with your companions. This is next door to Aaron and Newsman. When you go through the doors from the lobby into the hall you will want to turn left and you will be the second door on your left (the same side as the lobby) on floor two. You are also across from CrazyErnie's and BigBird's room.

Also on floor two.
You walk into the common room and on right in the back corner there is a fireplace which houses the dumbwaiter. On your left in the corner a trach can with Oscar in it resides. There are various furniture pieces strewn about the room waiting to be placed in some order.

Downstairs on Floor one the room next to Kim and Red is now empty.

Also on floor one.
You walkd into the common room and on your right in the back is a fireplace which houses the dumbwaiter. There is also various items of furninture awaiting placement.

Scooter (mc): We believe that is everything so far. Give us a little time and we will repair the layout when my webpage is being nice.
Scooter: Yeah. If it ever decides to be nice.
Scooter(mc): Count (mc) are these descriptions alright for you, or would you like them more detailed?

Scooter

Reaction score
Scooter clear up

I just thought of away I might be able to clear up the Scooter and Scooter thingy. Well not really clear it up but try and make it easier. Since I always sign my posts --Scooter--:wink: Whenever I am and the so is Scooter talking I will do this Scooter:wink:: for me and just Scooter: for him alright?

I can also just stick to the Scooter(mc): and what not if it's easier. Sorry it's so confusing.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, since I read these posts rather than see them on the computer screen, it would be better for me personally if you stuck with Scooter (MC) and Scooter. But then again, it's your decision. Oh, and your work on this is fantastic so far! Gotta get the movers and interior decorators in here to help out with the common rooms' furniture.

Just thought of something. The door to the Floor 2 bathrooms and the door to room where Crazy Ernie and Big Bird are residing in would have to be at least 8 feet and maybe 2 inches big so that Big B can pass through. Likewise, the hallways on Floor 2, the Floor 2 common room and Crazy Ernie and Big Bird's room would have to be at least that tall as well. My thoughts are that the front doors to the dorm house, the door to the Floor 2 bathrooms, and the door to their own room could be 8 feet and maybe 2 or 3 inches tall, whereas the hallways in Floor 2 the Floor 2 bathrooms, the common room on Floor 2, the room inhabited by Crazy Ernie and Big Bird themselves and maybe the ceiling for all of Floor 2 could be 10 feet tall. After all, multiple storied buildings often use that measurement for each of their multiple stories.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

PS: If you know what pieces of furniture will go in each floor's common room, let me know and we'll talk about how best to arrange the pieces.

Scooter

Reaction score
Scooter(mc) and Scooter it is. I asked because I wanted to know what was easier for everyone. I can keep track easily since I am the one writing it.

I actually had planned to have the ceiling level and door level larger for floor two. (I guess I forgot to mention that when I was drawing up the plans Big Bird and CrazyErnie didn't have an assigned room yet so I put them on the second floor so they wouldn't have to worry about stairs and what not.) Thank you for thinking of that though and figuering out teh dimensions.

I have not figured out what furniture would be in the common rooms. The private rooms are up to everyone else on a personal level. I figured though, (after visiting many different dorms in the past year) that there would probably be a small fridge, microwave, Television, a sofa, a table and a few chairs. But I haven't had a chance to figure out all of the dimensions quite yet and I am working on a layout sketch for floor two's common room right now.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good lad! Soon as those plans are finished be sure to post them here and we'll review them. Though I think the common room should have the larger fridge owing to a previous post of mine suggesting a mini fridge in the room occupied by Erine and the Monsters, though that's rully up to them if they want to have that fridge in their room still.

Question: Will there be individual towel racks inside the bathrooms on both floors? Or would we have to store them in our own private rooms?
Still thinking about the inner decor of our room, but so far I got the door identification nailed in the coffin! Picture a regular red-brown mahogany door of regular height. And on the door's face, imagine that you have it divided into three horizontal rectangular strips. On the border between the first and second strips or just above that, you see a gray ovaled storm cloud either painted or sculpted in high relief bearing a solid black number 1 also in high relief. The door has its brass knob on the left when standing fright in front of it, and its hinges on the right so that when it opens up to the outside it won't bump into the open area of the Floor 1 common room. Unless you get any objections from other boarders, this could serve as the standard for all the individual rooms' doors. Just make sure that the right corridor rooms and left corridor rooms' doors open up in corresponding fashion so as not to bump into the common room's area. And they could all have little gray ovaled storm clouds and their numbers in black, both sculpted in high relief.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

Aaron

Reaction score
who wants to come to my room and drink root beers and watch the world of jim henson

Erine81981

Reaction score
Thanks but I was perfecly fine where I was U didn't have to move me to the upstairs second floor but since we've had to move quite a bit we'll move. Ok guys, u heard him lets get our stuff and get going to 2nd floor.

Cookie Monster: Okay.

Grover: I've got my stuff ready.

Herry Monster: *grunts* Hive! Ho! Ok Kyle I've got my stuff.

Herry has about everything in his hand

Are u sure u've got?

Herry Monster: Yea I'm positive.

*hears Aaron upstairs, yells*

HEY AARON?

Status
Not open for further replies.