Muppet College Dorms: The Next Semester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
UPDATE AS OF 9/24/08 TO THE GAME FOUND HERE:
http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showpost.php?p=701383&postcount=23156

A mixture of Muppet College Roommates and College Dorms.

Basically, in prior games by these names we had devised a dorm and players were choosing who their roommates were, as well as their neighbors, and where they lived in relation to one another by rooms and location.

As memory serves correct, The Count had a better grasp of the game and mentally visualized where everything was in relations to each other in the dorm, so I turn all that over to him in this game.

I'm thinking it's a large building with multiple bedrooms, at least 2 living/tv rooms, a game room, community showers/toilets, kitchen, laundry room, across the street from the college with a jacuzzi on the side and parking in front (between it and the college). Okay, so I've always visualized it as Quitman Dorms from my college daze--er, days.

And, of course, there are SOME rules:
(Philo & Gunge helped here)
1. You cannot steal someone's room-mate. Muppet Babies do not count for this game (ie, I choose Fozzie Bear, of course; thus, nobody can choose Baby Fozzie as their roommate. Likewise, it would just be silly to have a baby in college anyways).
2. Respect other players, or you get booted from the dormitory!
3. Be sure you tell why you choose your roommate, and if it isn't a well-known Henson creation be sure to tell where the character is from.
4. You can only choose Henson related characters as part of the game (ie, TMS, JHH, MT, SS, BITBBH, Labyrinth, Dark Crystal...)
5. Have fun!
==================
My roommate---> :embarrassed: Because, he's my screenname, he's funny, empathetic, and loveable, and my cousin twice removed. heh.

P

Philo and Gunge

P&G are my roommates, you know, the Trash Heap rats from FR. Because there my favorite Muppets and besides, I get more space because there small!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Foz, much appreciated you opened the dorms again. Here are some additional guidelines for the dormroom's gameplay.

1 Roommate Selection.
1.1 Choose the Muppet character(s) who would be your ideal college dorm roommate, so long as they haven't been taken already.
1.2 If you're having trouble choosing a Muppet character as your roommate, then you could:
a. Consult my "Muppet Listings 12.0" thread for possibilities, or
b. Contact me directly and we can discuss a few suggestions based on your screen name.
1.3 Once you've chosen a roommate, select what numbered room you'd want to occupy within the dorms. Select your room from the numbered rooms #1-59.

2 Room Design.
After selecting your roommate(s) and numbered room, which should be posted in the thread, design your room according to both your own and your roommate(s)' tastes. Be sure to post a full descript of what your rooms look like, not only for the benefit of those who are imagining what it actually looks like, but so that some members of the forums talented enough may create artist's renderings and create a full representation of the dorms at some point in the future.

3 Hanging Out.
Now that you've gotten settled in the dorms, it's time to interact with your fellow boarders. You may engage in conversation with people you see in the halls, common rooms, or in the lobby. You may invite others to play games or watch movies in your room, or in the common rooms. You may invite others to dinner at a local campus restaurant, Sesame Street for special parties, to the moviehouse, or just to accompany you to your classes. It's meant to evolve as the players post about integrating their college lives, should they have one, with their experiences here in this dormhouse setting.

If we have to start all over again by selecting new roomies, then so be it. However, if the old enrollment list is to be enforced, then LMK and I'll post who's rooming with who.
Hope this helps and have a great time at the ol' dorms!

P

Philo and Gunge

Thank goodness I packed my Looney Tunes tapes/DVD's. Come on, P&G let's go watch some Looney Tunes, it's been days!

Guys, it was a long drive here, I hope this drive was worth it.

FraggleRocks

Reaction score
Piggyness

I think that I might have to choose Miss Piggy. :mad: After all she's fun, likes clothes, and to eat. She stands up for herself and doesn't take crap from anybody. If it wasn't for the fact that she's a pig and I might not fit into her clothes, I would borrow some of them in a heartbeat. Our room would be on the bottom floor and close to the jacuzzi, where we would wow everyone with how great we look in our bathing suits :rolleyes: we would eat. a lot. because that's what I do. Thank goodness for fast metabolisms.

P

Philo and Gunge

Oh, yeah. I would also like to be with Clifford. He's my bath tub/hot tub homey!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, since noone's taken a room yet...
*Takes place behind lobby desk... Oh sorry, the dorm's haven't fully opened yet.
You see, Biff and Sully and a staff of Doozers are building the dorm house. So, for everybody's benefit, a descript of the dormhouse will follow.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yikes! Better post this quick before they're taken! Mokey with Lanford, her pet deathwart plant or The Count von Count with his bats would be my roomies. Still have to choose which, but rest assured I'll tell you guys which I've decided on.
And I'll take Room #1 on the basement level.
Hope to hear from you soon, and have a great time.

P

Philo and Gunge

Mokey! The Count! Mokey! The Count! Mokey! The Count! Mokey!

PHILO, SHUT UP! Gunge? Can you slap him?

Let that be a lesson, Philo!

Hey, guys. What do ya wanna do while we wait for the dorms to be ready?

Status
Not open for further replies.