Muppet Central Radio: New Music Weekend beginning August 31st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Warrick... Doing shows of specific programming on a regular basis isn't practical at this time due to limitations with Live365. If this becomes an option in the future and it's something we could program automatically, we'll highly consider that.

Radionate... "the great Luke Ski!" has done several albums and "Who Let the Frog Out" is his tribute to Jim and the Muppets. Yes the song was addded to our rotation on Saturday. It is a great parody. He is also a member of our forum.

For those who are interested in picking up their own copy of it, you can find out info on that at www.LukeSki.com. The song is on his newest CD release "Uber Geek".

radionate

Reaction score
Thanks Phil. I hadn't put two and two together. Now I remember his thread, and the links to his stuff, which I had wanted to check out and didn't. Kudos to Luke Ski!!!!

Reaction score
Thanks!

Hey! Thanks for the praise, I'm glad you like it!

FYI, I currently have the most requested song of 2002 on "the Dr. Demento Show", my Spiderman tribute "Peter Parker", from my CD "Uber Geek", the same CD that "Who Let The Frog Out?" is on. I have to wonder if the folks at Henson changed the name of the album because they heard about my song. Either way, I'm happy all you muppet fans are enjoying my song. To find out how to get my CDs and to find out more about me and my comedy parody music, visit www.LukeSki.com. Talk to you all later!

PS: "Weird Al" MUST be on the new Muppet Show! :smile:

grail

Reaction score
one thing i'll hand luke...he had that same ego when he was selling CDs from a box with inserts that kinko's had screwed up and printed the wrong size. he knew he was gonna make it...

i STILL hate "KFC b*tch" though...

Reaction score
Leggo my ego! :smile:

Hey "Grail", which convention was that? The only convention I've done in Indianapolis lately was Star Wras Celebration II, but I imagine you saw me out there back around 97. And for the record, yes, those 2 CDs complete with kinkos-made inserts are still for sale at my website ("Fanboys 'n da Hood" & "Shadows of the Bunghole"), but not for too much longer, there are only about 30 copies left of the original run of 1,000. My latter 2 CDs "Carpe Dementia" and "Uber Geek" were done with a much bigger budget, and look and sound much better than my first 2 albums.

I have to wonder just what it is about "KFC B*tch" you dislike, it's the only risque double-entendre song I've ever done, but it's chickens doing heavy metal, which should appeal to a muppet fan on some level. Are there any songs of mine you really like?

And remember, just because I have a big ego, doesn't mean that I'm *not* in fact the greatest up-and-coming parody music artist in the known universe. :smile: Now, I'm off to watch Kermit's Swamp Years. See ya!

grail

Reaction score
it was InConjunction '97...we had Dr. Demento, and you just kinda...appeared on us. you said you had JUST gotten those inserts from Kinko's like the night before or something.

as for KFC...well, i may have to get out the CD and listen to it again, but as i remember it, it was just a messed up rap style cursing session...i wasn't a big fan. it's been several years since i've listened to it, so maybe i'm confusing it with another song.

i do like several of your songs in fact...especially "Mystery Science Theater Picture Show" and "Star Wars Trilogy Homesick Blues" (or whatever the correct name of it is.) even though you got me in trouble because you did them at our masquarade, went waaaaaaay over time, and i let you. oh well...what are they gonna do fire me? (the one nice thing is that they forgot that i can run the sound equipment after that, so no more headaches there) i also thought the Ranma song had promise, but was horribly mangled by the karaoke track...

just the way i see it,

Mike

Reaction score
InConJunction, what's your function?

Yes, that was one of the very first conventions I had done after those 2 CDs were released. I'd go back if it weren't for the fact that the convention is always on weekends when I'm at Wizard World or some other function. If the con committe was interested in me, I'd love to come back as a booked GoH.

The only actual swear word in "KFC B*tch" was "B*tch". The rest of the song was double entendre chicken puns. So, I'd have disagree with you on the song being a "cursing session". The song is a parody of a song by Ice T's metal band "Body Count", so that's where the genre came from.

Yes, you got the titles right on both of those, in fact, they were both rerecorded from scratch for "Carpe Dementia", all the songs on that album were done that way, no more karaoke for me, I'm a professional! (A professional what?)

Enough about me, let's steer the conversation back to the excellent new playlist on Muppet Central Radio! Way to go Phil! :smile:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
About to pass out from delirium

OMG...

OMG...

OMG...

I sooooooooooo just heard Mokey's "Sail Away (The Moon Lullaby)", followed right by Janice's "Rockin' Robin".

Phil, what're ya tryin' to do, make me melt at my computer?! Ya can't DO that without warnin'!

Really!

You can't!

Lol

:stick_out_tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.