Muppet Central Radio: New Music Weekend beginning August 31st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Beginning this Saturday morning, we'll be adding more than 200 new songs to Muppet Central Radio. These are songs that will be played on Muppet Central Radio for the first time. Included are more classics from the Muppet Show, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, Bear in the Big Blue House, Dinosaurs, and the Hoobs. Special thanks to Luke who recorded about 20 Hoobs tracks and sent them to use on Muppet Central Radio.

The new songs will be added to our current rotation at approximately 11 am eastern / 10 am central Saturday morning. Start your Labor Day weekend with lots of Muppety music.

Click here to listen.

Let us know what you think of our New Music Weekend!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Our new music weekend is now underway. Let us know what you think of the 200 new songs added to our rotation.

Click here to listen

radionate

Reaction score
Phil and the other MC wizards,

Great job with the new rotation at Muppet Central Radio. I have become hooked on it lately, and listen at work most days. Much to the delight/disgust of some folks who wander into my office asking what on earth I'm listening too (normally its when Elmo is screaming Elmo's song).

Anyway. I do love the new stuff, and as always appreciate the little happiness it brings to long days of paperwork and headaches!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I totally forgot about it! I tried to download it when I was home with Mommy and Daddy Summers this weekend, but it didn't work. :frown:

But now I'm bakk at my pad and kan listen to it! Yay! :big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i'd also like to extend my congratulations to Phillip on the 'new look' MC Radio. Contributing the Hoobs matierial has given me like a tiny perspective of the sheer amount of work that must go into recording, editing and programming the songs for this superb resource for Henson fans. It's excellent work, much appreciated, and couldn't be applauded higher !

radionate

Reaction score
How many Hoobs songs are there in rotation now? I've not heard any, and am kinda looking forward to finding out what these English Muppets are all about.

I also have a question for Phil. I'll try to not get real technical. How does rotation work for MC radio? Are some songs on a higher rotation then others? How are songs broken up into to catagories (If they are at all)?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the support of Muppet Central Radio. The feedback is always very helpful. It is a big project, but one I enjoy thoroughly. Every file goes through some extent of equalization and noise reduction in order to get the best possible sound when streaming and to make the transitions from one track to another as seamless as possible. This takes time to do but the end result is worth it.

Concerning Nate's questions about the rotation. Right now, there are about 20 Hoobs tracks playing. More Hoobs tracks will be added in the future, they just need to be added in several increments. Unfortunately Live365 doesn't allow as many options for a playlist as I would like. Ideally you'd have it divided into high, medium and low rotation. To even extend that further, it would be broken up into different timeslots within each hour as is commonly done in radio. Being able to put a few songs in separate dayparts would be nice too.

Right now the rotation is in random mode which simply means the songs are played randomly then they repeat again in a new random order. I do remove a few songs and add new ones periodically to keep things fresh. Then at other times, we have a New Music Weekend like we just did when there are a lot of songs to be added. As of today our rotation is at about 32 hours with 900 songs.

radionate

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Phil. I was curious as to whether you could divide each hour up into "wheels" or "clocks" (basically pie charts to designate when a certain type of song (its rotation) would be played. It sad that you cannot divide up rotation into smaller catagories, timeparts (daytime vs. nightime rotation), and put some limits on it (like no 2 songs from the same show back to back).

Regardless of the lack of specifics, it still sounds good, and its always a fun break to sit and listen to a great song when it comes up. I finally heard Scooter's song from the Phyllis George episode today. I've been waiting for that one for ages!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Phil,

It would be nice to have something like a Muppet Show Hour or something.

So you could come and listen to music from only that show, Like a radio program.

See ya

radionate

Reaction score
I have another question for Phil.

How is "the great Luke Ski!?" And where did the who let the Frogs Out song come from? Is this part of the new rotation?

Status
Not open for further replies.