Muppet Baby plush/DVD sets premiere at Target

Klonoa

Reaction score
That's the first commercial I saw, too.

I can also confirm that Target does indeed have a temporary price drop of the Muppet Babies plushes down to 11 bucks. Ahhh...I want to buy them all but it wouldn't be very practical of me to do so.

Just like the Rizzo and Beaker plushes I saw at SunCoast...

--Klonoa

Baby Rowlf

Reaction score
Hey cool!:smile: I looked on ebay,. and the new Muppet Babies keychains have been relased...and they have Baby Rowlf!:smile:

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Dr. Bombay said:
I'm going to ask about which episodes will come with Animal and Rowlf later.
I wrote to the Betesh Group today about Baby Rowlf and Baby Animal. Not pleased with their response :frown: . I copy that email in it's entirety:

You are welcome. Our site will be updated. Sorry for any confusion as our intention was to produce all. Of course, we also hope to expand the collection as well. Thank you for your interest in Muppet Babies.

The Betesh Group
Consumer Relations
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 3:04 PM
To: Kimberly Nater
Subject: Re: Muppet Babies

Thanks for your response.

That's too bad that there aren't any plans to produce the 10" plush dolls of Animal and Rowlf. I noticed, though, that the website says they are slated for Fall 2004 and they are many people looking forward to these two. It would be good if that could be updated to reflect current plans.

Hopefully plans will change to include them as well as other Muppet Babies such as Beaker, Bunsen, Scooter, and Skeeter.

Thanks for your help.
----- Original Message -----
To: David Pierce
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 12:19 PM
Subject: FW: Muppet Babies

Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 2:14 PM
To: Katherine Trock
Subject: FW: Muppet Babies

Sorry, there are no immediate plans to produce Animal and Rowlf in the 10" plush doll with DVD. Thank you for contacting The Betesh Group with your inquiry.

The Betesh Group
Consumer Relations
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 12:35 PM
To: customerservice@beteshgroup.com
Subject: Muppet Babies

I have purchased the Baby Gonzo specifically for the DVD that came with him. I'm quite pleased with it.

I was wondering if you would be able to tell me what episodes of "Muppet Babies" will come with Baby Animal and Baby Rowlf when they are released?

Thanks!

~David

Baby Rowlf

Reaction score
What?! Why aren't they producing Baby Animal and Baby Rowlf?!

Maybe they'll change they're minds!

Therecanbonly1

Reaction score
Unsafe

Has anyone noticed how UNSAFE these plush are for small children? My 2 year old LOVES the Muppets. When I saw these, I was all set to buy all of them (the bean bag ones too) until I picked one up. The hard plastic that is used to form the mouths is ridiculously dangerous for a kids toy. If you place the side of Fozzie's (for example) mouth against the palm of your hand, it will hurt! Imagine a small child falling on one of these "plush" toys. Unfortunately, I had to pass on these. The company making these should have considered this to begin with and Target should look at what they are putting in their small children toys dept. :mad:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Imagine if murderers were going round with muppet baby plushes as the murder weapons! This is scary, lol! :smile:

Baby Rowlf

Reaction score
:confused: Okayyy.... Well, I have a Baby Rowlf, and he doesn't have that!

Therecanbonly1

Reaction score
Ya know what. I just thought some other people with small children may want to know about the potential hazard of these toys. I let my 2 year old play with all of the Palisades figures and the Sababa toys. The Muppet Babies were poorly designed. Period. They are great for collectors but not for kids. They are being marketed by Target to kids (they are in the stuffed animal aisle). If you have them and you find that plastic coming to a point on the side of stuffed toys is OK, good for you. As for the Ralph, he was not available when I was in the store. I saw (small) piggy, gonzo, animal, fozzie, and Kermit and (Large) I think fozzie Kermit and Gonzo. I felt they were unsafe for a two year old (The sababa animal doesn't have hard plastic pieces to keep his mouth open). Whatever... Once your kid gets hurt (and, no, I'm not speaking to the 12-18 year olds on this board) then you will know what I'm talking about. Otherwise... let it go. :stick_out_tongue: :concern:

Baby Rowlf

Reaction score
Hey uh..I just looked at the tag to my Baby Rowlf plushie. It says "For 3 years and older".

So maybe letting 2 year olds play with it wouldn't be a spiffy idea in the first place, you know? :wink: