Muppet Babies

crazy ernie

Reaction score
in eight flags over the nursery, the opening narration to kermit's movie sounded alot like jim.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by DarthGonzo
What's funny is that the Mom and Dad REALLY didn't have any heads on Cow and Chicken. Their bodies really did stop at the waist. Several episodes hinted around this. In one episode Cow and Chicken are searching for something in Cow's closet and she pulls out a pair of upper human bodies, one male and one female. Chicken gives her a look and she tells him, "It's my science project."
Darth Gonzo, it is so nice to see someone else watch Cow and Chicken here, so I don't feel like a complete schnook!

As for the Muppet Monsters, I completely forgot it. All I remember is the animated versions of Pigs in Space and Kermit P.I. (the film Kermit made in 8 flags episode that crazy ernie talked about). The opening narration WAS Jim, since the clip was made years before Henson died, made in the second season of Muppet babies.

Whatever you say, I'd have to say Frank Welker did a pretty good Kermit, and Greg Berg did a passable Fozzie. The cartoon Piggy is bad. She sounds like a bad impersonation!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Well you do have to remember, being they were Babies of the characters, they probably weren't aiming for perfect voice replication. They were most likely aiming for a younger sounding version of each, which I think they got pretty fine with each character. Just a personal opinion though. I think Piggy with her normal deepish voice would have been a bit abrasive on her young character. I watched Cow and Chicken when it was in normal rotation too, by the way! :big_grin:

-Matt

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth

As for the Muppet Monsters, I completely forgot it. All I remember is the animated versions of Pigs in Space and Kermit P.I. (the film Kermit made in 8 flags episode that crazy ernie talked about). The opening narration WAS Jim, since the clip was made years before Henson died, made in the second season of Muppet babies.

Whatever you say, I'd have to say Frank Welker did a pretty good Kermit, and Greg Berg did a passable Fozzie. The cartoon Piggy is bad. She sounds like a bad impersonation!
If anyone would like to see it, I've got one episode of Little Muppet Monsters. It's just about 97% complete and Cantus can back me up on that. Right, Cantus?

E-mail me, maybe we can work something out.

End advertisement.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Although I haven't been able to watch it yet, I do believe the man speaks truth. Email him, talk, have a few drinks, enjoy.

-Matt

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
Thanks man, I appreciate it.

BTW. there's also an animated scene in Little Monster Monsters with Animal practicing gymnastics. Very weird. One scene I did like was with Fozzie (the real Fozzie) demonstrating the mechanics of a joke with the help of an animated chicken on a screen.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
Well you do have to remember, being they were Babies of the characters, they probably weren't aiming for perfect voice replication. They were most likely aiming for a younger sounding version of each, which I think they got pretty fine with each character. Just a personal opinion though. I think Piggy with her normal deepish voice would have been a bit abrasive on her young character.
Sorry if I confused you, matt, but I ment the voice of the ADULT Piggy. I mean, I don't really care that the Baby voices are off, since they are babies. Baby Piggy's voice didn't bother me. But, Adult Piggy's cartoon voice sounded like a bad, random impersonation. Did you see the "A Fish called Selma" episode of the Simpsons? Remember how the cartoon Piggy in that episode sounded? Dan Castleneta (sp) better known as Homer would have done a much better job than whoever voiced Adult Piggy. Heck, I sound more like Piggy than that.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Oh, okay I get ya bro. Yeah, I guess I agree with that to some extent. I haven't seen the Simpsons episode your talking about, but maybe I'll make an effort to see it now. :smile:

-Matt