Muppet Babies DVD Box Sets

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
:confused: Does anyone know when we can expect more Muppet Babies stuff, like Season DVDs (for chrissakes, DO SOMETHING!) I'd like to create my own MB eps and also I'd like to have some rereleases of MB stuff from the original run. That would start my engines "faster than a speeding weirdo" (note the MB episode reference! :big_grin: ). Any1 like to take this topic to the level most Muppet fans think it deserves?

BJ

baby sinclair

Reaction score
I doubt if muppet babies is gonna be released in box sets.I dont know a soul who'd buy one out side this forum :confused: .But muppet babies will problably be on disney in the near future.Right now all we have are plushies and compilation dvds that are attached.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Watch it, bub. :mad: Not the day to be getting on my bad list. I know plenty of souls who don't post on this forum who'd buy it "because it's the Muppet Babies!" So don't go there, please? You remind me of a BEEP I used to know by the name of Nicolas Dorado. Notice I BEEPed out the bad name. Here's one I cannot BEEP out: Pothead! He was a D-word before I came to Tryon. I'm glad I left that s.o.b. behind, but I didn't say a proper goodbye to my true friends and that is squarely on the shoulders of "Dumb Blonde" Dorado. It's a gonna get bloody!!

BJ

McFraggle

Reaction score
erniebert1234ss said:
Watch it, bub. :mad: Not the day to be getting on my bad list. I know plenty of souls who don't post on this forum who'd buy it "because it's the Muppet Babies!" So don't go there, please? You remind me of a BEEP I used to know by the name of Nicolas Dorado. Notice I BEEPed out the bad name. Here's one I cannot BEEP out: Pothead! He was a D-word before I came to Tryon. I'm glad I left that s.o.b. behind, but I didn't say a proper goodbye to my true friends and that is squarely on the shoulders of "Dumb Blonde" Dorado. It's a gonna get bloody!!

BJ
Please feel free to tell us how you really feel. :smile:

rexcrk

Reaction score
I'd love to get Muppet Babies in a DVD box set (I hate TV shows in non-DVD boxsets, which is why I didn't like the Muppet Show DVDs, 15 bucks for like three episodes :frown: ). I think it would be great if the Disney Channel started showing Muppet Babies! :big_grin:

McFraggle

Reaction score
I agree, I would certainly like to see box sets as opposed to 3 eps for $15. It's kinda steep.

manoftheSTREET

Reaction score
Haven't been to these boards in a while so the "Muppet Babies" section is new to me, but I don't think we'll be seeing "Muppet Babies" in season sets on DVD anytime soon.

Basically, it comes down to rights issues...They used so many movie and TV clips (as well as the occasional bits of music videos and news footage) that they would be paying practically every studio under the sun for rights to use the clips.

Also, another potential hold-up is the extensive usage of "Star Wars" trilogy clips. Let's bear in mind that Lucas isn't a fan of the older versions (when Han Solo shot first and the like) and if we won't be getting them on DVD, why would we get clips of them in season sets?

My prediction...If it does come to DVD, prepare for heavy-duty editing.

Sincerely,

John "manoftheSTREET" Kilduff

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
any more machiavellians?

I think you could pay the one and only rightsholder to each of those eps. IT'S NOT A SIN PEOPLE. GET IT RIGHT!!! :mad: Now that that's out of the way, please have some kind of view not even close to what the last Machiavellian posted! :mad:

BJ :big_grin:

manoftheSTREET

Reaction score
Look, ernie, I'm only being honest.

One of my favorite shows is "Miami Vice", and they used extensive music cues throughout their 5-year run. When it comes to DVD, I expect that a good amount of the music will be edited out.

It all comes down to money, and I know that's hard to hear, but it does matter.

Sincerely,

John "manoftheSTREET" Kilduff

muppetmayhem

Reaction score
what exactly is your problem erniebert12345ss? I have noticed that you get mad at evreybody if they even make a spelling error. Chill out! what would you do if they didn't make a mad symbol? Settle down before someone reports you to Phil!! :rolleyes: