Muppet Babies DVD Box Sets

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Do DIsney own the rights the the Muppet Babies scene in Muppets Take Manhattan? This copyright stuff is confusing!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Mistersuperstar said:
Do DIsney own the rights the the Muppet Babies scene in Muppets Take Manhattan? This copyright stuff is confusing!
No. Disney owns the rights to the characters (excluding the Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock characters used in the film), Sony owns the rights to the movie. I think Disney might have some ownerrship (If The Jim Henson Company had any kind of ownership of the film, then Disney would have some ownership). I do not know who owns the rights to the "I'm Gonna Always Love You" music video that was produced to promote the movie (I've heard that it is different from the scene in the movie). I am not sure if Disney owns the rights to the songs or the script.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Mistersuperstar said:
Any idea who actually owns the rights to Muppet Babies? Are they owned by the same company as Muppets Take Manhattan cos that particular movie wasn't sold with the rest of the Muppet stuff to Disney. It is still owned by Tristar Pictures.

Disney and Tristar BOTH own it. When henson sold the mUppets to Disney, Disney got Hensons stake (Hensons 50% in the film) in the film along with "MUppets from Space" and "Kermits Swamp Years" :smirk:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
Disney and Tristar BOTH own it. When henson sold the mUppets to Disney, Disney got Hensons stake (Hensons 50% in the film) in the film along with "MUppets from Space" and "Kermits Swamp Years" :smirk:
I think that only Tristar has the distribution rights to the movie, though.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I think that only Tristar has the distribution rights to the movie, though.
thats right!... BUT ONLY if disney desides to buy the Tirstar half

yanilover

Reaction score
erniebert1234ss said:
:confused: Does anyone know when we can expect more Muppet Babies stuff, like Season DVDs (for chrissakes, DO SOMETHING!) I'd like to create my own MB eps and also I'd like to have some rereleases of MB stuff from the original run. That would start my engines "faster than a speeding weirdo" (note the MB episode reference! :big_grin: ). Any1 like to take this topic to the level most Muppet fans think it deserves?

BJ

I know where you can get Muppet Babies on dvd :wink: !!! it's kinda expensive though. I saw it at TVDVDPLANET.COM

Marky

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
I'm convened it's a matter of time.
The show wasn't that great. I don't think we'll get any new Muppet DVD's for a long, long time (unless Columbia re-re-releases the films it still can).