Mr. Hooper's Last episode

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Is there anyone out there who was watching Sesame Street religously during the 1982-1983 season and knows what the very last episode was Mr. Hooper was ever in? I know it was just 4 days before he died, because in the book Sesame Street Unpaved, that I have Carroll Spinney states that they were working on the set of Sesame Street and he noticed Will Lee looked very ill, but wasn't saying anything about it to anybody. He walked up to him with the Bird feet on and in Big Bird's voice he said "I Love you Mr. Looper" and Will Lee said "and I love you Carroll" and Will Lee passed away only 4 days later. I'm curious to know the episode that was shot that day. Does anybody know?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Some people on this forum have said that Mr. Hoopers last episode was one of the episodes where Big Bird went to camp.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I was wondering about that. I remember the eps where Big Bird went to camp, but I always thought that was after Mr. Hooper passed away. What was the year again? I'm thinking '82, but I would have been too young to remember back then, unless it was rebroadcast at a later date.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Mabye the last episodes he was in were those episodes. The funny thing is that was the first week of that particular season, and I think Mr. Hooper was only in 2 of them. So it looks like that was all he did during his last year on the show. It looks like Mr. Hooper disapeared almost a whole year before it was explained what happened to him. Therefore his last appearance was when Big Bird was talking about what everyone back on SS was doing at the exact moment and he mentioned Mr. Looper was closing up the store for the night, and it shows Mr. Hooper back on the street exit the store with a big Flashlight in his hand. Who would of thought when he left the store that night, he was walking away from it for good. :cry: :cry: :cry:

dedeldedel

Reaction score
Do you know which episode # that was

BooberFraggless said:
Mabye the last episodes he was in were those episodes. The funny thing is that was the first week of that particular season, and I think Mr. Hooper was only in 2 of them. So it looks like that was all he did during his last year on the show. It looks like Mr. Hooper disapeared almost a whole year before it was explained what happened to him. Therefore his last appearance was when Big Bird was talking about what everyone back on SS was doing at the exact moment and he mentioned Mr. Looper was closing up the store for the night, and it shows Mr. Hooper back on the street exit the store with a big Flashlight in his hand. Who would of thought when he left the store that night, he was walking away from it for good. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Do you know the episode # of this show you just talked about? i may not have been around durring his era, but over the years the guy has kind of grown on me as i have seen re-runs with him in them.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
The Big Bird goes to Camp shows were episodes 1706-1710. I think that one that I mentioned where he is seen briefly closing up the store at night was episode 1708.

ssetta

Reaction score
BooberFraggless said:
The Big Bird goes to Camp shows were episodes 1706-1710. I think that one that I mentioned where he is seen briefly closing up the store at night was episode 1708.
It was actually 1707.

gravy

Reaction score
15-year bump but the wiki says 1707's production dates were in October of 1982 and he filmed his last segments in November of 1982. Is there a last episode or did his segments not appear or what?

( @scarecroe @Oscarfan ?)

hooperfan

Reaction score
A tiny bit of his final scene was shown in a montage from the 25th anniversary special that aired on ABC in 1994. I used to have that part on my channel but it got taken down