Movie Script: Kermit, Prince of Denmark

kbug67

Reaction score
I'm supposed to get the demo from a friend soon. I can't wait to hear how it sounds. Does anybody know that if in the demo it is really the Muppets' voices?
It isnt the actual muppet preformers, It is the Composers of the Musical doing there best impressions i belive (though i haven't actually heard the tracks, it was supposed to be a pitch only so really i dont think that they would get all the preformers just for a pitch)

travellingpat

Reaction score
Phil, did you ever find the paperwork, Wed all really love to hear about it! Thanks

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh I agree. We would love to hear more about this project. Sure, it will probably never happen, but I'd love to see Kermit as a prince...wait...no, I'd love to see what the proposed plot was for this.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Let me see what I can do. We've moved since then so I'll have to track down the paperwork.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Oh, come now Beau! We all know that Kermit already is a prince; prince of our hearts!
:smile:
To whoever asked: I believe that Phill said earlier that it was the writers who sang the songs doing muppet impressions. Personally, I love to hear other peoples' impressions, so I would love to hear it!
My question is, is it..um..suitable for children, or is it more like Avinue Q? I guess it would be more kid friendly, if it was actually pitched to Henson.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
A brief summary of the plot and a song list is provided on Muppet Wiki. The page also includes some information on the background of the project, and the possible (or impossible) future of the film. I wrote to Bobby Lopez a while back (that's how we were able to dig up the song list).

The link for it is here: http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Kermit,_Prince_of_Denmark

There's also some information about it in the Avenue Q Book.

I'm also interested in seeing what else Phil might have about it.

matleo

Reaction score
I realy like the song title "Rosencratz and Gildenstern are Doing the Mambo."

Excellent. Very funny.

--Matt

Herman

Reaction score
I read this in Avenue Q: the Book, I highly doubt that it will ever be made.

Beauregard

Reaction score
As if they'd name a Danish prince Kermit...all the Kings of Denmark have been named wither Christian or Frederik for the last...who knows! Kermtian, or Fredkerm...maybe...

muppet_dk

Reaction score
all the Kings of Denmark have been named wither Christian or Frederik for the last...who knows! Kermtian, or Fredkerm...maybe...
I know :smile: Since 1513 all the kings have been named either Christian or Frederik. The king before 1513 was named Hans (1481-1513)