Movie Script: Kermit, Prince of Denmark

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Muppetsdownunder said:
Thanks for your help. I've been to that site before but this time theres a message stating that avenue q is in no way authorised or approved by the jim henson company or sesame workshop. No offense intended but why should it have to be approved by them? just because its puppets it doesnt mean they have to have a say does it? There must be something I'm missing and something that really is getting up both companies noses that I can't see! lol

becaus ethe simple fact is that the general public isnt able to tell the difference between a muppet and any other hand mouth puppest, i cant tell u how many times i would tour people thru the workshop, and they would spie a generic frog puppet on a rack and go "ooooo look its kermit!!!!!", and i woul d then have to correct them, its the same with any puppest that are operated in a manner simalar to the muppets, wimsy's playhouse, alegras window, eukeeka castle, between the lions, ect., they all have a similar look , because they are hand mouth puppets, and are operated in a similar manner,

as we would say in the shop,

"there are only so many crayons in the box"

beaker

Reaction score
ravagefrackle said:
becaus ethe simple fact is that the general public isnt able to tell the difference between a muppet and any other hand mouth puppest, i cant tell u how many times i would tour people thru the workshop, and they would spie a generic frog puppet on a rack and go "ooooo look its kermit!!!!!", and i woul d then have to correct them, its the same with any puppest that are operated in a manner simalar to the muppets, wimsy's playhouse, alegras window, eukeeka castle, between the lions, ect., they all have a similar look , because they are hand mouth puppets, and are operated in a similar manner,

I wish Avenue Q was some way officially related to JHC...I never imagined how far that musical would get.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
ravagefrackle said:

Now I understand! I spose they are woried that avenue q could be damaging to them if people think its sesame street or jhc. Why isnt Disney also mentioned since they own the muppets it could also be damaging to them.

beaker

Reaction score
Muppetsdownunder said:
Now I understand! I spose they are woried that avenue q could be damaging to them if people think its sesame street or jhc. Why isnt Disney also mentioned since they own the muppets it could also be damaging to them.
damaging? I dont think a hit broadway, tony award winning musical could be damaging, heh

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
beaker said:
damaging? I dont think a hit broadway, tony award winning musical could be damaging, heh
I don't think it would be damaging personally but I can sort of understand how the companies could be a bit annoyed with avenue q since its an adult show and all! from what ive seen and heard of avenue q I love it, its not often puppets are performed mainly for an adult audience.

beaker

Reaction score
ravagefrackle said:
i doubt you will ever see it, the henson company isnt to thrilled about avenue q, nor are the sesame workshop people, i here it was pretty funny though.
How could this be? Isnt Avenue Q produced and or performed by current or at least former with close ties Sesame/Muppet performers?

Kye said:
Ok, where did you see this?
anyway, i would hope that they are familiar with the content! Everyone over the age of 14 is! But do they approve of it being realeased to the public. If this Elmo tape that you talk of got out into the public, Parents all over the world would be sueing Childrens Television workshop faster then you can say Schadenfreude !! Thats why henson sued "Meet the feebles" they did...didnt they? i dont know. I love avenue q! but would i want a kid to see it before they can distinguish the difference between the characters in Q, and those in SS? NO Way! I have a 2 year old! It jepordizes the character integriety of the Henson brand. But...Its super funny!
so little thine know about JHC/JHC related alumni and the inner workings, heh.

Ryan said:
You guys have to realize that the Henson company is familiar with this kind of content. Similar stuff was included in their own Wrap Party tapes for Sesame Street (IE Elmo's World: Puberty, A blooper from an episode where Telly uses a cardboard tube as a bong) I highly doubt Henson doesn't approve of it due to it's swearing...
heh...kinda reminds me of the rarely seen Fox Muppets pilot pitch from 2002.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
ravagefrackle said:
i doubt you will ever see it, the henson company isnt to thrilled about avenue q, nor are the sesame workshop people, i here it was pretty funny though.
Beeker said:
How could this be? Isnt Avenue Q produced and or performed by current or at least former with close ties Sesame/Muppet performerso
no avenue q is not even remotley related to Sesame Workshop, yes peoepl who wrok on sesame street , or peopl who once did are involved in some of the puppetry aspects , the show is not produced or supported in any way by Sesame Workshop,

and if you read the statement i was replying to it had to do with the private"adult performance that is written and produced by sesame performers and is performed live to the staff and crew at the annual wrap party , it is not filmed and will not be seen by fans of sesame street.

P

Philo and Gunge

Disneys Muppets said:
What Pitch?
It has Kermit and Pepe and some MT clips and... um, it's too graphic to post but if you PM I'll be sure to tell you.

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
I'm supposed to get the demo from a friend soon. I can't wait to hear how it sounds. Does anybody know that if in the demo it is really the Muppets' voices?