• Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help.
  • "Muppets Now" premieres on Disney+
    The Muppets fifth series of all time debuted on Disney+. Make plans to watch one of the most anticipated shows of the year. New episodes premiere every Friday through September 4.
  • 50 Years and Counting
    Read our review and discuss with fans the highly anticipated Sesame Street "50 Years and Counting" DVD set from Shout Factory featuring over five hours of beloved moments.
  • 50 Years and Still Sunny!
    Read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the all-new Sesame Street documentary "50 Years and Still Sunny!" hosted by Gloria Estefan.
  • The Dark Crystal: "Age of Resistance"
    After a 36 year wait, return to the great conjunction. The Dark Crystal "Age of Resistance" is a mesmerizing and beautiful prequel series now on Netflix. Renew your essence today.
  • Music is Everywhere
    Muppet Central Radio is now on TorontoCast, TuneIn, Apple, Amazon and Google. Listen to Muppet music 24/7 wherever you go with TuneIn and Apple apps and devices.

Mouth building suggestion.

intozlight

Reaction score
I just finished a "Glorified Sock" puppet pattern and I substituted 3/8" piece of neoprene for the mouth plate. OMG! this stuff is wonderful. One side has a grip (turned towards the hand). And the other was bonded to the material. The mouth is very expressive and easy to manipulate. I got my material from an old mouse pad but will be finding sheets soon :smile:. The new mouse pads I have found seem a little thin and flimsy, although you may be able to double them.
Hope this helps.
:smile:

puppetise

Reaction score
kool ni used a plasic folder i cut it works great and it goes back to the original position

Jinx

Reaction score
I am very fortunate to work in a factory where we make most of our products from neoprene. It really does make great mouthplates!

The other day I was in WalMart and saw some silicone devices used for handling hot pot-handles. Not like an oven mitt, but, well, like a puppet's mouth! They looked like they could be a great foundation for a mouthplate.

whatadoddle

Reaction score
Thank goodness that I am not the only one that looks at stuff in shops etc, in the light of, 'what bit of a puppet can I make out of that?' . I too used mousemats for my sock puppet, but I have been moving workrooms and have got behind in building and don't know if I will be done by tomorrow!

BorkBork

Reaction score
On the sockpuppet-pattern i tried craft-foam and it works really good for such a small puppet. I can imagine it's not really good for bigger puppets though.

intozlight

Reaction score
Hey Jinx,

Would it be possible to get a sheet of 3/8"? I am finding it hard to order.

:smile:
Director Davies