Most "adult" episode of The Muppet Show.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's ironic, since I've noticed Robin's rendition of Somewhere Over the Rainbow was included in the Muppet VHS Children's Songs and Stories with the Muppets. Hmm...

peyjenk

Reaction score
That's ironic, since I've noticed Robin's rendition of Somewhere Over the Rainbow was included in the Muppet VHS Children's Songs and Stories with the Muppets. Hmm...
LOL, that is ironic!:crazy:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You know what? Maybe Somewhere Over the Rainbow should be replaced with Fever.

Mickbeatle

Reaction score
Yeah, the plot for Alice Cooper's episode was for the adults. I remember he sang three songs, right? They were:

Welcome To My Nightmare (by the way, an excellent album)
You And Me
School's Out

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I always thought "50 ways to love your lever" was a bit toungue in cheek. :embarrassed:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Yeah, the plot for Alice Cooper's episode was for the adults. I remember he sang three songs, right? They were:

You And Me
School's Out
Yep, those are the three songs he sang.

And remember the Faust-like backstage bits, where he tries to take the Muppets' souls?

Winslow Leach

Reaction score

You And Me
School's Out
And "You and Me" comes from "Lace and Whiskey," one of Coop's most underrated albums.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I always thought "50 ways to love your lever" was a bit toungue in cheek. :embarrassed:
I always thought it was called "50 Ways to Love Your Liver":zany:

I keed, I keed...it's one of my favorite Paul Simon songs...

muppet baby

Reaction score
So many people think that the Muppets are only for kids. If you only had thirty minutes to convince someone otherwise, which episode of The Muppet Show would you use?

The Alice Cooper episode is what pops first to my mind, for obvious reasons, but I think I would have to go with the Liza Minelli episode. I watched it last night, and was surprised all over again at how "mature" a lot of the jokes were. All the murders and jokes about them. characters like Lew Zealand and Scooter and the Swedish Chef just falling over dead and then Gonzo jumping in with a happy song each time. And it is all done with a class and a mature sense of humor that I think that your average "man on the street" does not associate with the Muppets.

I have to agree with Peyjenk about those eposides the jokes where very aduilt , they where two of my faverites that i watched as a child then i did not know what they ment but i loved them just the same .

There where several more but i do not have the names in front of me at the moment but when i find them i will post them .
That is one thing why the mupppets appiled to me as a child . i was around a lot of adulits a lot during that time and heard a lot of humor from them .

i will always love the muppets no matter what .

one of the eposides that is a all time faverite and i do not remember the tital but the one where someone was singing Help me make it though the night to miss piggy . who was that was singing that with her ? i have been looking for that everywhere !

i had it on tape when it aired on oddasey cable station but it was VHS and it is now wore out LOOOOOOOOOOOOO .

i thought that was very adult for the show but so funny and some of the best work for them, even though it was adult it was funny for the muppet show and kids could laugh , even though they did not know what it ment he he . sooooooooooo funny .:smile: :wink:

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
That was Kris Kristofferson who sang "Help Me Make It Through the Night" to Miss Piggy. It was the opening number on the episode that guest starred Kristofferson and his wife (at the time), Rita Coolidge.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole