Monday Post Production

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
-------------
All right... although every single "that of" made me get out my grammar knife and start scraping the blade on a whetstone made of the fossilized OED (use a search/replace tool, PLEASE, and get RID of them, it's not even a phrase which exists in English!)...despite that... I liked these chapters.
It gets better, I swear! In fact, I've noticed I've been doing in my freelancing too and am making a point of eliminating them.

First, the stunned response to Piggy's taking charge of the production was perfect, and I especially loved Rizzo (of all Muppets) standing up in her defense. Funny and unpredictable. (Conversely, Link throwing a hissy fit was VERY predictable...but still funny.)
Thanks to you, Rizzo seems to be popping up everywhere.

:shifty: You know you love it.

Yeah...moving on.

The thing Link was low key, but needed of course.

Much of your frog/pig dialogue is excellent, though you do put a spin on both of them which feels a bit different somehow. Not bad, just different, and that's interesting.
I'm trying to make it different from their relationship that I have going in Miss Piggy's Adventures and that of the Pool Hall series, especially when this is supposed to be a part of the new Muppet movie universe (if you can call it that). With that, of course it all has a central theme, which is them trying to get something better than what they had.

Scooter as "Boy Wonder" is funny and feels right, as does Scooter passing the padawan torch to Robin and Walter's unflappable, immediate acceptance of the joke. (Anyone's guess whether he gets it or not...)
I'm trying to get Walter in more stuff, but it's kinda difficult when there's literally a cast of hundreds. LOL

Kermit's speech-to-text message is hilarious. Ah, the techno-illiterate frog joke never gets old!

Curious what tensions you have in store for the group, since right now all seems well...granted, as well as a Muppet production ever goes...
---------------
That...was a true story. Sorta. I got the Galaxy Nexus as part of my phone upgrade and was using speech to text as I was speaking to another office manager. While outside. Needless to say, hilarity ensued and she posted it up on DYAC. I figured it was funny enough to include in something.

Looks like you've just started, as this is nearly done. The movie, as well as the full ending to this, will be in Murder Over My Muppets.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wha? No epilogue to finish this? Or is it fully finished? *Is confused.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
First, big apologies for nearly forgetting to post this today, especially when I reminded myself to do so earlier in the day.

Anyway, here is the end to Monday Post Production! The end of this fic actually leads into the movie, Murder Over My Muppets, so if you've been waiting to finish this in order to get to the movie, here's your change. Link to MoMM will be posted at the end of this.

Mr. Count Moderator Science Guy, please to be adding this as story number five (and a reminder to move IHM to position numero tres).

Epilogue

Monday Night – Showtime

For every Muppet movie that had ever been produced, before it went through the final process of being released to the public, the Muppets were always the first ones to see the first production. Muppet Studios, which encompassed the majority of their movie lot as well as the famed Muppet Theatre, was also home to the Muppet Movie Theater.

The Muppet Movie Theater was as big as the actual Theatre, but instead of a stage at the front of the auditorium, there was a large projection screen; the size and caliber of the screen had changed over the years and the latest one was on par with many of the screens that could be seen in leading theaters around the country. The seats had also gotten an upgrade, to coincide with not only the return of the Muppets proper, to both their studios and the business, but the prosperous life that some of their members had started while they were ‘on break’.

The movie theater was located on the other side of the stage theatre, situated in between it and the studio lot, and was actually a very unassuming building that most people probably weren’t even aware existed. That was certainly the case with Amanda Grant, special guest of honor for the first showing of the latest Muppet movie. Grant was the guest of Andrew ‘Scooter’ Grosse, the scriptwriter and production assistant for the movie.

She and Scooter had met years earlier when they had both been working at search engine giant Google, assigned to the same development section of the company. They had been close, very close, while working together and it was only when she had been given an opportunity in Boston that they had needed to part from each other. It just so happened that she had moved back to LA a few weeks ago and while the two had been in contact with each other via email and the occasional call, being able to see each other had been a treat.

Such a treat, they had been seeing a lot of each other lately, acknowledging the attraction that had always been between them, along with the feelings they both held for each other.

Tonight, Mandy was dressed in a dazzling black dress that seemed to bring out the sparkle she always seemed to have in her grey eyes, the dark red hair that hung loosely around her shoulders, and the smile that was plastered on her face. That smile was currently turned to Scooter, who was dressed in a tux and pacing outside the entrance to the auditorium proper.

“You shouldn’t worry,” she replied, walking over to him. She managed to catch him in mid-pace, startling him with her sudden appearance. “It’ll be great.”

“You’re just saying that cause you’re my date.”

“Oh, is that all?” she asked, giving him a look. “And here I thought I was special, Grosse.”

“No, that’s not all,” he whispered, reaching for her hand and pulling her closer. “And Grant, I thought I was quite clear on how very special I think you are.”

“Hmmm…” she cooed, moving her arms to his before wrapping them around his neck. “That’s right. I must have forgotten, maybe you need to remind me.”

Scooter would’ve been more than happy to do just that, if the outer door to the theater hadn’t opened to reveal the mister and misses of their troop. Always stylish, even as a couple, the frog and pig were dressed in their best – the director dressed in a tuxedo, while the diva was dressed in a blue sequined dress that matched her eyes. Like Mandy, Piggy wore her blondish locks around her shoulders, which gave her the very appearance of a classic movie star.

The two weren’t surprised to see their young co-star already at the entrance, however they were surprised at the beautiful young red head that was with him. “Everything all set?” Kermit asked.

“As set as it’s going to be,” the assistant replied. “Assuming of course anyone comes.”

“Dear Andrew,” Piggy murmured, raising a hand to him in order to straighten his tie. “If everyone thought your script was devine, certainly they will find the finish project to be equally delightful. Wouldn’t you say so, dear?” The last bit was directed at the second red head who had been listening to the speech.

“I’ve been trying to convince him of that for the last fifteen minutes,” Mandy replied, sending a coy smile towards the diva. “You would think he’d know by now that a woman knows best.”

“Indeed.”

“Obviously in the midst of two beautiful women,” Kermit interceded. “Scooter’s bound to forget protocol.”

“Yes, of course,” Scooter agreed, nodding quickly. “Kermit, Piggy, this is Amanda Grant; Mandy, Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy. And just because they liked the script…”

“Loved, dearheart. They loved the script.”

“You’re worrying too much,” the frog said, patting his young ward on the shoulder.

“There’s no way this could go wrong,” Mandy echoed. “Miss Piggy directed, Kermit produced – I’m guessing – and you wrote the script. You worry too much, Grosse.”

“With you around, Grant, who needs cheerleading?”

The entire trope, including the cast for the movie, would be in attendance and it was the job of Scooter and Piggy to welcome everyone to the theater for the big event. Scooter had gotten his minions to run usher duties, though it was mostly making sure that everyone was in their seats and stayed in their seats. Unbeknownst to them, Robin had talked Sweetums into overseeing that portion so that he and Walter could see the movie, too.

It only took five minutes before the first arrivals arrived, that of Fozzie, Gonzo, Camilla, and Rowlf, who were quickly followed by the entire Electric Mayhem band. The band was in high spirits, which was the usual for the group, despite having to be in their Sunday best.

Dr. Teeth was no exception, dressed in a tux as well, but his tie and the vest under his jacket matched the felt hat he always wore. Walkin up to the quartet, he bowed deeply at the waist, exclaiming, “Salutations, amigos and amigas bonitas! It is always a splendid night when I can spend it with four of the finest women on the block.”

He then turned to wink at both Janice and Camilla, who giggled at his flamboyant manner.

“And you don’t even know the second one,” Piggy quipped.

“Not yet, I don’t.”

“Aren’t you the charmer?” asked Mandy, smiling sweetly.

“He’s old enough to be your father,” Scooter interrupted.

“I thought you knew I liked older men.”

“No, you don’t.”

“That’s because she hasn’t met me yet,” Teeth said, waggling his eyebrows at her.

Plucking the large plastic flower the band leader had in his lapel, Scooter tossed it off to the side, saying, “Doc, you seemed to have lost something; you should go get that.”

Teeth looked at the boy wonder, grinning knowingly.

“You’re gonna get your flower stomped on, Johnny,” Piggy replied, sending her own grin to the keyboardist.

“Better that than my heart.”

The small entryway was starting to fill, prompting Kermit to give the go ahead to both Scooter and Piggy. Two podiums had been placed on either side of the door for the both of them, in the case they were called upon to deliver a speech – or two – and when all was said and done, they would also make for some great tables/chairs once the movie was over and the catering crew had set up the small buffet afterwards.

For now, however, they would be used to bring attention to the group, for the announcement of the big night.

Both the director and screenwriter took their places, exchanging looks to one another. This was simply old hat to Piggy, despite being in a new position as the director and not the star, and she was well aware that Scooter was going to be looking to her for direction on this. It was ironic, really; after all the years the red head had been with them, had seen the innermost sanctum of Hollywood production and publicity, Scooter still seemed shy at getting the praise he deserved.

It was ironic in the sense that, throughout this whole ride, the diva had been the one that had looked to the boy wonder at how to go about the path of being behind the scenes and not just in them.

The crowd was rowdy and excited and it took the combination of both Animal and Piggy to get them to quiet down. “Settle down!” exclaimed the diva. “Moi and Andrew would love to thank you all for coming out tonight. As with any of our productions, this was one was long and hard – shut up, Gonzo – for all of us and tonight, with this showing, all that hard work has paid off.

“As you know, Moi is a woman of few words – shut it, Floyd – but I would like to say…that it has been my utmost pleasure in working with everyone who was involved in this picture. I think it’s easy to say that none of this would have been possible without Scooter’s brilliant words and Kermit’s go ahead on the project; it also wouldn’t have happened without the support that Andrew and I both got from all of you here.”

It was a rare event when Piggy even acknowledged that she even knew half of the people standing in that entryway, forget thanking them for their time, work, and support. Turning to Scooter, she sent him a thankful smile, encouragement for whatever words he might want to state.

Turning to look out at the people he had known for so long, he simply said, “When the pig’s right, she’s right, right?”

The crowd laughed and applauded them both, causing another round of trying to get them all calm again. This time Kermit, who had been standing off to the side in order to let the director and writer have the glory, shouted, “Who wants to see a movie?”

For a third time, the rowdiness of those assembled was shown, this time more from excitement and expectation. “Open the doors, boys,” Piggy instructed, nodding to Robin and Walter, who quickly opened the door to let the masses in. The mad dash to get the best seats was underway, with the usual pushing, shoving, name calling, and seat stealing that was to be expected.

Kermit, Piggy, Scooter, and Mandy waited until the group had gone through, standing and watching as everyone tried finding seats. “Before the movie starts,” Kermit began. “And before the two of you get mobbed when it’s done, I just wanted to say how proud I am of you two. You did a great job on this movie. Thanks for taking it on.”

There was something about getting praise from Kermit; not that he didn’t give it out, he always made a point of making sure everyone knew how important they were to not only the Muppets, but to him, it was just that he was held in such high status with everyone, it was an important moment when he was praising them.

For Scooter, Kermit had been the supportive adult he had needed when he was a teen and had given him a break, maybe even against his better judgment. They may have joked and teased, but the frog held one of the most important spots in the red head’s life and maybe one day, Scooter would tell him just how important that spot was.

For Piggy, the amount of feelings she held for that frog couldn’t even cover the many years they had and hadn’t been together. Sometimes, it was like trying to get water from a stone when dealing with Kermit’s deeper feelings on matters, but when he was on the same page, it was like he didn’t feel the need to hide away like he usually did. They were still getting on an even keel with each other, but the process was getting better.

Their relationship had sometimes resembled that of a boxing match or water being splashed against a brick wall. They spent more time fighting with each other than really loving each other and in hindsight, it was time wasted. This time, knowing the problems from their past entanglements, their relationship was starting from the ground up and it seemed to be working in their favor.

For Kermit to readily hand over the reins of directing, not to another director in the industry, but to her had meant he trusted her to do the best at controlling and wrangling their often erratic and eccentric cast and crew, as well as being able to handle the often long hours and stress that came from working behind the scenes of a movie. Above that, it meant he trusted her; trusted her to do what needed to be done, without completely alienating everyone around her and them. He may have always trusted her, but it was something he hadn’t exactly stated and there were many times in which he hadn’t shown it either.

“Thank you, Kermit,” she whispered. “For letting us.”

“You three are going to miss your movie,” Mandy said, smiling gently at them.

The trio looked at each other, before heading into the theater for the start of the movie.

*This is your cue to grab your popcorn, your drink, sit back, and relax as The Muppets (via WMG) present Murder Over My Muppet (<---- click the linky link)*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, I'll certainly go and read Murder Over my Muppets and reshuffle your other two Monday fics. Right now, I'm in the middle of cleaning KG's latest chapter, go and read and rave about it. Thankees for finishing this Gina.
BTW: Amanda Grant? That your subtle way of sneaking Amanda Cosgrove from the Pool Hall ficverse into the ongoing parallel Monday Muppets ficverse? *Goes to concession stand to get a large drink for watching the movie.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Friday is usually post-production day... I wouldn't swear to it, but I'm sure of it...

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Okay, I'll certainly go and read Murder Over my Muppets and reshuffle your other two Monday fics. Right now, I'm in the middle of cleaning KG's latest chapter, go and read and rave about it. Thankees for finishing this Gina.
Take yer time. And yes, I did notice the new KG and read both parts, though it was the reason I came here in the first place, which was a new post.

BTW: Amanda Grant? That your subtle way of sneaking Amanda Cosgrove from the Pool Hall ficverse into the ongoing parallel Monday Muppets ficverse? *Goes to concession stand to get a large drink for watching the movie.
It was indeed. I actually had the idea and the chapter written up weeks ago; when I had the idea, I just couldn't get the image of Amanda out of my head, but didn't want to cross her over into a new universe, so there you have it. And as this is supposed to be a Kermit/Piggy universe, you may or may not see her again or she may be referenced as 'Scooter's girlfriend'; haven't decided yet.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Friday is usually post-production day... I wouldn't swear to it, but I'm sure of it...
? Says who? When I check it out, there was no mention on what day post production was done. And wouldn't it really depend on when the film has wrapped and everything comes together?