Miss Piggy's Karate

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Floyd never liked miss piggy. It even said so in that little pop up trivia track on the dvd, although i still cant figure out why he looked down after he got back up (during that episode I was talking about ealier)

Marky said:
The nerve of that pig... to hit a hippie with glasses.
I know! The nerve of her! how dare she hit Floyd! I will get her for that! lol :wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well, you know what, you go defending the Floydster and I will be forced to join Miss Piggy's side (Side of bacon? Oops. *ducks*) against you ma'am!

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
I've never heard that song, but I could see that. XD
It's one of those moody, philosophical tunes, the kind you'd either slow-dance to or have a pity party to. I can see the most frequently roughed-up Muppets sitting together, slowly swaying from side to side with the beat.

"Everybody hurts, everybody cries...everybody hurts...sometimes." And that's all I can remember of the song at the moment, other than the chords, but that's because I play the guitar and stuff.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Well, you know what, you go defending the Floydster and I will be forced to join Miss Piggy's side (Side of bacon? Oops. *ducks*) against you ma'am!
I'll just send animal after you then! :halo:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Ruahnna said:
I think Piggy's still smarting from that Tony Randall episode where Floyd lights a match off her petrified backside (when she's been changed into a statue). Not to mention the time that Floyd shut Foo-Foo up in a drawer....

Ruahnna
I got one word for you, HA-HA!

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Foo-Foo

Sgt Floyd said:
I got one word for you, HA-HA!
I have to say that the episode where Foo-Foo appears (and gets shut in a drawer by Floyd) has some wonderfully funny moments in it, and others that I just enjoy because they are so, well, character driven.

First of all, Piggy brings Foo-Foo back stage and demands that Kermit let Foo-Foo have a featured spot on the show. Kermit seems less than thrilled with Foo-Foo and her act, an attitude that is not helped by Piggy talking baby talk to Foo-Foo and referring to Kermit as "Daddy," while Kermit mutters "I am not that dumb dog's dad." One of the things I just adore about this scene is that--unlike the appealingly vulnerable and needy Miss Piggy that we sometimes see--Piggy is in top form here. Her look is glamorous, her confidence supreme and she is completely unconcerned about Kermit's muttering because she is totally in control of the situation. He can protest all he wants and mutter to anyone who cares to listen, but he will do what Piggy says--even put up with being Foo-Foo's dad. I watched this just after I'd OD'd on the whole first season (yea for Santa Clause!) and Piggy's transformation from wannabe diva to actual diva was just amazing.

Later, when Rowlf is playing the piano for Foo-Foo's act, Piggy tries to show how smart her little darling is by having her add. This does not go well--the first time, Piggy accuses Rowlf of cutting Foo-Foo off before she was finished, and the second time of being too slow to come in (might be vice-versa). Rowlf suggests Piggy try to get Foo-Foo to do something simpler, to which she replies "If I'd wanted her to do something simple, I'd have had her play the piano and tell dumb jokes." Wisely, Rowlf goes back to his piano without comment. Sometimes Rowlf was funniest when he was reacting to things--it goes with his laid-back-kinda-dog personality.

The personality play here--all Jim and Frank at this time--is just marvelous.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well, Jim and Frank and...FooFoo...Who performed Foofy anyway? Also, I thought I'd mention that there's an episode of Muppet Babies where there's a rully annoying cast song that goes on and on singing out the cast of a futuristic family show while Kermit goes crazy and his face when they sing, "Their dog Foo-Foo" is amazing.

That is all.

Beau

Beauregard

Reaction score
I thought he (she?) was done by a female puppeteer?

Oh, and, don't forget that FooFoo was in MWOO!!! Which was an unexpected return for the little doggywoggy.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
According to the Complete Henson Database, Foo has been performed by Steve Whitemore, Kevin Clash in 1989, and most recently Alice Dinnean-Vernon in 2005.

I thought Miss Piggy learned karate through a correspondence course.