Miss Piggy on Sesame Street?

BEAR

Reaction score
Forgive me if this has been addressed already, but in my Ethics class, my teacher said that Miss Piggy was removed from the Israel version of Sesame Street because pork is offensive to them (or something like that). Now, correct me if I am wrong, but was Miss Piggy ever on Sesame Street?? I didn't think so, but today I was not in the mood to argue it. Thanks.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
He probably meant "The Muppet Show". I think Kermit only referenced Piggy once on SS, in an Old McDonald News Flash.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Yeah- Kermit definitely remarked to a pig in the "Old MacDonald" sketch with the Yip Yip aliens that she reminded him of something.
Also, a picture of Miss Piggy (kinda the 1st. Season TMS look) has shown up in a sketch on Sesame Street in the background. I've got a picture of it somewhere- I can upload when I get home if you like.
:mad: :smile:

muppetperson

Reaction score
I recall seeing a Miss Piggy type on Sesame Street.It was almost how she was, except she had bead like eyes.I beleive this is how Piggy started looking when she was just a background singer.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
GonzoLeaper said:
Yeah- Kermit definitely remarked to a pig in the "Old MacDonald" sketch with the Yip Yip aliens that she reminded him of something.
Also, a picture of Miss Piggy (kinda the 1st. Season TMS look) has shown up in a sketch on Sesame Street in the background. I've got a picture of it somewhere- I can upload when I get home if you like.
:mad: :smile:
That would be good, Gonzo. If it shows Miss Piggy's first season look, the sketch would probably be from 1976. If it's possible, maybe you could put up some other pics from that sketch so we know which one it is. Just a thought.

rowlf84

Reaction score
Well, there are the Oinker Sisters as well, most prominently featured in "New Way to Walk."