Miss Piggy on Hollywood Squares May 12-16

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Yeah, thanks for bringing that up Jamie - I just caught the end of Hollywood Squares and noticed that she looked different. I think it's mostly the hair and - if it's a new puppet - maybe the colouring of the flock on the head is different (there seems to be slight changes in Muppet colours every 5-10 years or so). It's also possible that the lighting is making her look different. Overall though, it seems to me that it's probably a Piggy head from the same old mold.

On a different subject - Eric vs. Frank - I believe Eric does a great (and constantly improving) Piggy, but I was watching the Episode II DVD "Puppets to Pixels" segment last night and there was a lot of footage of animators studying Frank's Yoda performances. They were pointing out all the tiny little nuances that Frank uses for his characters like Yoda and it really showed (yet again) just what a phenomenal performer Frank really is. Frank appears briefly in the documentry and is mentioned throughout it. If you have "Attack of the Clones" on DVD and you haven't watched this, you should....

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Jamie or anyone,

Do you think you could get us a Screen Grab ?

Id really like to see this Piggy puppet, But have no way apart from a trade (Which would mean id see it in a few weeks.)

So can someone make one for the people who havent seen it yet ?

Thanks

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Re: Phil,

Originally posted by Warrick
I wonder if Henson will give Eric the videos of The Muppet Show wth Phyllis Diller and Florence Henderson ?

If it was Frank, Then he would be able to relate like normal, But Eric would need to act like he/Piggy has met them beofre.

Get what I mean?
I've noticed that too. I wonder if it was intentional that they had two Muppet Show guest stars on this week. Also, if the Henson company has videos of the Phyllis Diller and Florence Henderson episodes, why weren't they released anywhere else? :confused:

Yeah, it was most likely Eric who played Piggy. As good as he is with the voice, you can tell the difference if you listen closely.

Other than that, it was a great performance. She was the secret square and nobody picked her. Serves them right for not choosing Piggy!
Darn straight. It's beyond me why the contestants never seem to want to choose the Muppets, unless it's for the block or the win or something. Also, they always put them in the upper right corner, where they have less of a chance of getting picked. I wish they would have put her in the center, like they did when she was with Whoopi.

About the look, I really don't go for that new hair cut. I mean, that kind of look is okay. But for Miss Piggy, I'm used to her with long hair.

Hmmm. I wonder if they'll show Eric holding her up at the bonus round at the end of the week, like they did with Steve as Kermit.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I've noticed that too. I wonder if it was intentional that they had two Muppet Show guest stars on this week. Also, if the Henson company has videos of the Phyllis Diller and Florence Henderson episodes, why weren't they released anywhere else
Well i would figure it's just because they are Blondes, but it would be nice if more Muppet Show eps were for sale.

I just saw the very last few seconds of the show and just got a peek at what piggy looked like yesturday.

It's funny because go to Henson.com and you'll see pic's of
a LONG HAIRED Miss Piggy puppet on Hollywood squares with a pink dress on, and she looks good there!They must have more then one Piggy puppet!

zack

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

That Piggy on the Henson.com page looks like the one they were using around '92 - '95 times !

You can tell its a new head tho, Cause the snout it smaller (look at the side view.)

see ya

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, she was a bit different, but, not really anything to get worked up about.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well... I'll admit that short hair younger looking Piggy is better than the Puppet they used prior, with the long flat hair.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter

Oh, and, uh, I just got done watching the first episode of Hollywood Squares. While Miss Piggy was only called on once, it was funny. Miss Piggy said "I won't tell them that I am your favorite blonde here." Tom: "And you know you are. ... Dump the frog, and meet me out back."

The new line in my signature comes from tonight's episode... [/B]
Yeah, that part was funny, especially when she kept saying "Thomas, Thomas, Thomas." I don't remember the line about the bubbles though? Who said that.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Warrick-

It's the same puppet, different hair. The skin is very smooth. It is a lot different from the Christmas special puppet. Maybe we'll just have to get used to it. I wonder if it has to do with new builders working on her. I know a lot of the staff was let go last year. Maybe it's just a re-design. :confused:

It's still a good puppet, just kind of freaked me out.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
well I'm very forgetful, but with all this talk of her looking different I will make sure and remember!

Sarah