Miss Piggy on Hollywood Squares May 12-16

WiGgY

Reaction score
I think Eric is doing a fantastic job with Piggy on Hollywood Squares. Last night Piggy was picked in each game and not always for the block. I didn't notice any huge differences, but did anyone notice that in the bio it says Piggy will be filiming 2 movies in the comming year? Did I miss something? Is there any more information on this?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
They still advertise the 25th anniversary of the Muppets like 2 years after it happened! So I don't think everything is up to date. I think it includes the Christmas special and is possibly speaking of the Fox pilot. Although, they could be speaking of a possible additional NBC special. Hope so.:smile:

Ryan

Reaction score
Few Comments:

-Eric is doing great, however, he did miss a few good opportunities for jokes. I'm still waiting for him to say to Mimi something like "There's no secret, we're the hottest on the show", something like that. :wink:

- Piggy's hair and wardrobe are great, but her eyes have been too close and too big since "Xmas Movie". They definitley need to do something there.

-I really wanna see Piggy on "Behind the Squares"! I hope they show her!

-These guys gotta start pickin' Piggy more often! She's the only good part of the show!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Scooter

-I really wanna see Piggy on "Behind the Squares"! I hope they show her!
Yeah, they keep showin' that stupid hugging "maraca shaking" scene between all the others. :rolleyes:

Stulz

Reaction score
Wrong Muppet Answer

Anyone else notice that in Wed.'s ep. during the lightning round - or whatever they call it - The Piggy question was "Danced Swine Lake with Rudolph Nureav" The contestant answered "No" which is IS CORRECT! but Tom Bergereon said incorrect.... It's incorrect because, while a female Muppet pig DID indeed dance with Nureav, and was originally supposed to be Miss Piggy, it was not.

I'm just glad the guy picked the right key. If he lost the car because of an error on Hollywood Squares' part. I bet he'd be P-O'd!
:mad:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I noticed. I didn't like the guy who won. He passed over Miss Piggy! :mad:

I think I finally figured out why people don't pick the Muppets. It's harder to tell when they are bluffing. They don't have any facial "tells" when they bluff the answers and it's hard for contestants fo figure out whether or not to trust them.

By the way, are the Hilton sisters just kidding about all of their self-absorbed behavior or are they really like that?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Re: Wrong Muppet Answer

Originally posted by Stulz
Anyone else notice that in Wed.'s ep. during the lightning round - or whatever they call it - The Piggy question was "Danced Swine Lake with Rudolph Nureav" The contestant answered "No" which is IS CORRECT! but Tom Bergereon said incorrect.... It's incorrect because, while a female Muppet pig DID indeed dance with Nureav, and was originally supposed to be Miss Piggy, it was not.
I've noticed that too. I have the Rudolf Nureyev ep, and I know that wasn't Miss Piggy that he danced with. Maybe they should have been more specific with that question.

Yeah, they keep showin' that stupid hugging "maraca shaking" scene between all the others.
Yeah, they should at least have Miss Piggy participate in that. I'm guessing since they show their full bodies, they'd probably have to have Eric come down and hold her up to do that which wouldn't look right.

Nothing too exciting on last night's show, other than her joke about the French being rude. By the way, for anybody who watches the show this morning, I'm not going to be home to watch it this evening, so can somebody let me know if there's anything on the show worth taping? Thanks.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Oh my gosh i was sreaming when they said the guy was incorrect! doh! yeah luckly he still won, i bet we all could have e-mailed Hollwood squares to tell them they made a mistake! It was just an ugly pig he danced with!

I think Eric is doing a great job! I love the "i maybe blonde but i do read you know?" LOL! It is ture that they are making aCar that will run on water too, but i guess the question might have been diffrent pior to that answer.

Zack

WiGgY

Reaction score
There are cars the run on everything lately. And I did notice that Swine Lake question was incorrect. Luckily he still won anyway, but if he didn't and it was due to getting that Piggy question wrong, the muppets could have been stuck in dome bad PR there.

About the Hilton sisters, they really are like that. I'm not sure why they are even on the show. One tried to make a joke last night, and no one laughed at all. I'm talking dead silence. Serves them right. One was on her cell phone the other day while taping!

And Jamie, that makes perfect sense about why people don't pick the muppets. There is no tell. I mean, try playing poker with someone who can stay abolutly still if they wanted to with out saying a word or moving. I wouldn't play with someone if there was no way to tell when they were bluffing.

BTW, I'm hoping for the day that Piggy, or Kermit, is the Square that can win either player the game and they go back and forth getting the question wrong like what happened with Gilbert Godfrey (sp?) on that bloopers show. Forcing the contestants to pick the muppets 6 times in a row should equal out the universe. :big_grin:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
And Jamie, that makes perfect sense about why people don't pick the muppets. There is no tell. I mean, try playing poker with someone who can stay abolutly still if they wanted to with out saying a word or moving. I wouldn't play with someone if there was no way to tell when they were bluffing.
That's a good point. I never thought of it that way. I wish the contestants would take into consideration the people that mainly watch the show to see the Muppets. (Actually, I watch the show all the time anyway, but you know what I mean) Heck, if I were on the show, I would have started right off with the pig.