Miss Piggy & Kermit Strike Back at Fox News

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------------
Frogboy...thank you for posting the fact-checking link. FactCheck.org is an especially good one, too. I was sitting here shaking my head wondering how to dig up every single specific misrespresentation, skewed viewpoint presented as "news," or outright blatant wrong "fact" which I personally saw on THAT channel just within a two-month period last fall when I was forced to watch it every day because a client of mine enjoyed it. I hate being in disagreements with friends, and I do wish some of us could be more civil about it. DrTooth also deserves kudos for naming names of organizations on both sides of the fence who distort the truth for their own agendas. Honestly, the ONLY news sources I trust are the PBS NewsHour (aka MacNeil/Lehrer) and, for specific stories, Mother Jones. Also, anyone curious about the whole topic of spinning news might want to read some of the Project Censored articles, or the "Buzzsaw" books about journalists being smacked down or blackballed for digging too deeply into their corporate masters' businesses. It all rather gives the lie to the notion of a truly "free press."

Ru, I adore you, and hope we're still friends...but conservative or not, I hope you don't support the rantings-for-ratings of anyone on either side. Jim Henson WAS political...just very subtly so, leading by example rather than blaring out his views from the rooftops. Nothing wrong with that. I wish the Muppeteers had refrained from being drawn into the recent absurdity, period.

Sigh...I hate it when friends disagree. But that won't make them less my friends.

Peace, people?
--------------------