Miss Piggy joins NBC Christmas Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
AH! The... eh... that song. The one about the...eh... kinda aggressive guy advancing on the woman who doesn't want it.

Something tells me that Piggy should do a gender flipped version. That would totally be in character.
According to my parents, the song was original gender flipped, lol.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, :mad: did perform "Baby, It's Cold Outside" with Vince Gil at the CMA's, a far superior version to the performance of the same song with Rudolph Nuriyev in Season 2 of TMS.
Frankly I hope for some other song than that or "Santa Baby". The last time the latter was done was on last year's Lady Gaga Thanksgistmas special and it didn't rully help as a highlight for me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
On the whole that special was rushed, and Piggy's Santa Baby cover was pretty weak and tossed in last minute. I'm not one to call that special awful so much as disappointing that they couldn't have worked harder on it earlier in the year to get something truly special. But yeah, she sang that song a bit too much for my taste. The VMX one was at least funny and fitting. Now it's like her signature Christmas song, even though it lacks a certain...BAHdum bum bum....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed, the VMMC version was funny if only for its part/connection within the entire Moolan Scrooge parody and the Lady Marmalot joke between Piggy and Kermit at the end. But if you want a brassier or bolder version, you should get Piggy's rendition from the Green & Red Christmas Album.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The CD one's pretty good too. But they really need to find another Christmas song for Piggy to sing. Though, the only Christmas song I can think of at the top of my head is Weird Al's The Night Santa Went Crazy. Doesn't help that I just watched a bunch of Weird Al videos on Youtube, huh?

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
Saw it on Canadian TV last night. Just two Piggy bits, but they both came off pretty well - a dressing-room back-and-forth with Michael Buble (part of which I missed because the phone rang at an inopportune time) and a pretty cool reworking of "Baby, It's Cold Outside."

I think you Yankees will enjoy it once it hits NBC tonight. And, as always, it's great to see Michael Buble showing the Muppets some love (I still enjoy the Cookie Monster cameos in last year's special).

Status
Not open for further replies.