TV Alert: Miss Piggy on Michael Bublé's "Christmas in New York" Special December 17, 2014

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wednesday night tune in and see Miss Piggy on Michael Bublé's "Christmas in New York" on NBC at 8 pm eastern, 7 pm central.

Join Michael Bublé, Barbra Streisand, Miss Piggy, Ariana Grande and the Rockettes from Radio City Music Hall for an all-new special celebrating the music of Christmas.

On kissing up to Miss Piggy: As a fan of Miss Piggy since childhood—Bublé showed an Instagram picture of himself and Muppet-themed bicycle as a child—Bublé was understandably nervous to be working with Miss Piggy, who he deemed “the biggest diva of them all.” According to Bublé, at their first meeting, Miss Piggy, whether throwing purposeful or inadvertent shade, called Bublé, “Michael Bolton.” Ouch.

“I hear it’s not always easy to work with her, but I hope she likes what I brought her in her dressing room, to really suck up really hard. And that was some chocolate with nougat and a really, really sucky card. I think I put like X’s and O’s and it was like, in my very best handwriting,” Bublé said.

If you saw this appearance, please "like" this message and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Slackbot

Reaction score
...Aaaand I'm not getting NBC. Poop. Enjoy it for me, y'all.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:news: First Muppet segment... Piggy arrives at the backstage/dressing room and meets Michael. Obvious flirting ensues where Piggy is starstruck by her male co-star for the night, confusing his accent as Australian.

Reporter :smile:: Stay with us throughout the night for following Mupdates.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:mad: and Bubblé singing "Baby, It's Cold Outside"?!? The original blurbs said that this song would be performed by Bubblé and Edina Menzel, but Queen Elsa hasn't been mentioned at all throughout the commercial brakes which leads me to believe she had to bow out and this had to be done instead. While I want to scream "D*It! ! !", I'm apathetic about such a thing at this point. Would have much rather prefered a different song, meh.

Last edited:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
This wasn't bad. The funniest part was Piggy thinking Michael had an Australian accent.

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Yaayyy I loved it I loved it I loved it!! I managed to finish most of my work earlier today so I can watch it!:smile:

This was such a cute little appearance.:smile:I knew they'll be performing Baby it's Cold Outside lol.XD It was a nice little version of the song too. I thought the intro to this special with Michael walking about in those famous Christmas movies was hilarious and delightful too!!

This makes me wonder who'll be appearing on next year's show!!:smile:
Oh, and is it just me, or did anyone think about Piggy's duet with Rudolf Nureyev on TMS when Piggy slid backward toward the door?XD

Last edited:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
This makes me wonder who'll be appearing on next year's show!!:smile:
Oh, and is it just me, or did anyone think about Piggy's duet with Rudolf Nureyev on TMS when Piggy slid backward toward the door?XD
Kermit maybe? After all, if Mr. Whitmire is not longer working on Sesame Street, he now doesn't have an excuse not to perform Kermit in other things. Lol.

Actually the whole thing reminded me of Piggy's appearnce with Rudolf. Nice that they gave Eric a chance to do that song. I wonder if they had that ep in mind when it was filmed.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Am I the only one whothinks Miss Piggy is best and most likely one of the few women to sing the "boy" part of the song? I mean, YOU try bothering Miss Piggy gents and if she doesn't want you you'll be spending Christmas in the hospital. Refuse Miss Piggy, and you'll again spend Christmas in the hospital.

ConstantineFan

Reaction score
the special was good, but I was hoping for more Miss Piggy action. Miss Piggy should of been the co-star of the show, because she's way more famous than The Rockettes, Ariana Grande, and that other girl. Miss Piggy was in more specials and movies than all of the other performers. NBC should of cutted out the extra performances from the Rockettes and one of the Ariana Grande performances and given Miss Piggy more than one song with Michael Buble.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
the special was good, but I was hoping for more Miss Piggy action. Miss Piggy should of been the co-star of the show, because she's way more famous than The Rockettes, Ariana Grande, and that other girl. Miss Piggy was in more specials and movies than all of the other performers. NBC should of cutted out the extra performances from the Rockettes and one of the Ariana Grande performances and given Miss Piggy more than one song with Michael Buble.
I agree 100%!