Misheard Song Lyrics

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I found this one on a quiz last night:

"Michelle, ma belle, some say monkeys play piano well, play piano well..."

The real lyrics are in French or something.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's a couple more on my behalf...

Band's "The Weight"
The Real Lyrics: "Take a load off Anny / take a load for free / take a load off Anny"
What I Heard: "Praise the Lord for Manny / praise the Lord for me / praise the Lord for Manny"

And now here's one that apparently I wasn't the only one who misheard these lyrics...

Bob Seger's "Drift Away"
The Real Lyrics: "Gimme the beat boys, and free my soul / I wanna get lost in your rock and roll / and drift away"
What We Heard: "Gimme the Beach Boys and free my soul / I waana get lost in your rock and roll / and drift away"

Slackbot

Reaction score
Hit 'n' Slap:
Actual lyric: Comin' at'cha!
What I heard: Call me nachos!

Be Lovin':
Actual Lyric: Everyone's hypnotized!
What I Heard: Jerkwads in the sky!

The Time Warp:
Actual Lyric: But it's the pelvic thrust...
What I heard: But it's the perfect trust...

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Here's a few lines of a song, try to spot the misheard lyrics:

Don't go breaking my heart.
I couldn't if I tried.
Oh, honey, if I get arrested

dwmckim

Reaction score
LOL! That's EXACTLY what i originally thought the words were myself!

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
LOL! That's EXACTLY what i originally thought the words were myself!
LOL, and maybe it's just the version I have on my iPod (it's a live version, but either way it's still Elton and Kiki), but whenever I hear it, it's hard not to hear those lyrics on that line. (Gee, thanks, Dad, for getting those lyrics stuck in my head :rolleyes:)

MLR930

Reaction score
In Michael Jackson's "Man In The Mirror" I thought it was "no mustache could have been any clearer" I still sing it that way

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Someone on American Idol just now was singing "Candle in the Wind", and my mom was convinced they were singing the wrong lyrics, so she got my music book of Elton John songs and looked it up. Turned out the singer was right, but here's her misheard lyric:

Real Lyrics: "And they set you on the treadmill."
What She Heard: "And they said, 'You are the treadmill.'"

dwmckim

Reaction score
Since Elton John's a popular one in this thread, i had often thought that in Benny and the Jets, the line "She's got electric boots" was...well something else.

(And the same misheard word is what i thought Annie was singing the first time i heard Eurythmics' Power to the Meek on the line "Bless these bones")

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh wow, the question is what HAVEN'T I misheard over the years; I seem to be very good at that, lol.

Just off the top of my head I can think of Marvin Gay's rendition of "I Heard It Through the Grapevine."

The real line is: "People say believe half of what you see, son, and none of what you hear."

But I always heard it as: "People say believe half of what you see, some and none of what you hear." Which I always found rather confusing, lol.