Misheard Song Lyrics

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
In the song "Daniel" (by Elton John, right?) I was convinced since I was a kid that the lyrics included "heading for space" instead of "Spain". In my defense, the line before mentioned a plane.
So, then Daniel is actually the Rocket Man! :eek:

APRena

Reaction score
From Chelsea Dagger (The Blackhawks song, dadodo dadodo dadodododododo...)

Actual: "Gave me gear/Thank you dear/Bring your sister over here/Let her dance with me just for the h*ll of it."

Heard: "Give me gear, shoot a deer, bring assistance over here, let their dogs sniff me just for the h*ll of it." (At first I thought it was 'whip' instead of 'sniff', but THAT just wouldn't make ANY sense now would it...)

dwmckim

Reaction score
I've been on a huge Cyndi Lauper kick lately and have been listening to all my Cyndi albums i haven't heard for awhile...and remembering lots of misheard lyrics from when the songs first came out including...

GIRLS JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN:
"I want to be the one to walk in that sun" heard as "I want a bigger one to walk in the sun"

ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT:
"Until it ends there is no end" heard as "Until we dance there is no end"

SHE BOP:
"Be Bop. Be Bop-a-loo Bop." heard as "Be Bop. Be Bop and Lou Bop" which i thought was about Lou Albino who was appearing frequently in her videos.

GOONIES R GOOD ENOUGH:
"And maybe you're out of place" heard as "Any maybe you're unemployed"

...and here's some non-Cyndi Lauper ones:

Duran Duran's NEW MOON ON MONDAY:
"New moon on Monday and our fire pants through the night"

RAINBOW CONNECTION:
"The lovers, the streamers and me"
"Have you been athletes and have you heard voices?"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, here's the other one I meant to mention...

The Coasters' "Charlie Brown"
The Real Lyrics: "Who's that goofin' in the hall?"
What I heard: "Who's that poopin' in the halls?"

I'm serious.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
You know that "I'm Blue" song? I thought he was saying "I'm in need of a guy!" XD

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I went to a "Name That Song" Jeopardy/"Misheard Lyrics" game program recently, and there were several, including:

Misheard Lyric: "I kissed a squirrel and I liked it, the taste of its cherry chopsticks"
Real Lyric: "I kissed a girl and I liked it, the taste of her cherry chapstick"

ML: "I can see the noses in her chair"
RL: "I can smell the roses in her hair"

ML: "Dirty deeds done with sheep"
RL: "Dirty deeds done dirt cheap"

Also, I can't remember what the misheard lyrics were, but the lady (about 40-ish) running the program was rather surprised that I got the title line of The J. Giles Band's song "Centerfold" right without using the "multiple choice" option.

APRena

Reaction score
Misheard Lyric: "I kissed a squirrel and I liked it, the taste of its cherry chopsticks"

ML: "Dirty deeds done with sheep"
Okay, you have no idea how much those two made me laugh. Bestiality LULZ.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Okay, you have no idea how much those two made me laugh. Bestiality LULZ.
Yeah. Although later when I was taking a quiz with misheard lyrics, the second one used the words "done by sheep" instead of "with". Not quite as funny. :stick_out_tongue:

Also, I used to have a Radio Disney CD that included "The Saga Begins", Weird Al's parody of "American Pie". Considering that I've never seen Star Wars, nor did I know anything about it when I was a toddler, I got a lot of lyrics wrong with names and places.

Slackbot

Reaction score
In the song "Dynamite Rave" (in the game Dance Dance Revolution) I mishear the title lyric as "dine on my face." "Afronova," from the same game, has an unintelligible refrain I hear as "Come on, I want a little chicken pot pie!"

dwmckim

Reaction score
Opening lines of Pet Shop Boys' "Did You See Me Coming?": You don't have to be in Who's Who to know what's what/You don't have to be a high flyer to catch your slot"

First time i heard it my jaw dropped as i thought he sang "to catch your ****" (i.e. Avenue Q's Lucy)

In Tears For Fears' "Break It Down Again", there's one line that i can't say how i misheard it on a family forum (an expression that's a simile that involves a part of the anatomy) - but in between mishearing and the way he shouts the line out, i can never listen to the song with a straight face.

And this may also qualify for the Obsessed Muppet Fan thread but everytime i hear No Doubt's "Spiderweb", after Gwen sings about screening her phone calls, it always sounds to me like she's breaking out into "Mahna Mahna"