Misconceptions about your age

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Also, D'Snowth, regarding feeling that a girl's not fully committed if they don't take the last name, there are loads of guys who won't wear wedding rings...I guess the same should apply?
Thank you. :smile:

Slackbot

Reaction score
*Shrug* I guess everyone has their personal preference... I had no problem changing my name when I got married, and thought it was exciting to take his name.
When that's what a woman wants to do, then all is well. Nobody would argue with that. It's the idea that a woman must change her last name that some people object to.

My sister took her husband's last name when she married--and took the opportunity to get rid of a middle name she never liked, replacing it with her maiden name.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
When that's what a woman wants to do, then all is well. Nobody would argue with that.
Well I personally would, hehe. Not in a mean way, but I would debate the point. :wink: Just because a person wants to do something doesn't mean they ought to.

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
I wasn't saying what I did to argue-- it was more to say that everyone has their own opinion and I acknowledge that not every married woman has done what I did... sheesh some people just go looking for a debate these days

Hubert

Reaction score
Also, D'Snowth, regarding feeling that a girl's not fully committed if they don't take the last name, there are loads of guys who won't wear wedding rings...I guess the same should apply?
To be fair, however, loads and loads of wives do get mad at their husbands for not wearing their ring, saying they aren't fully committed.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
To be fair, however, loads and loads of wives do get mad at their husbands for not wearing their ring, saying they aren't fully committed.
You're right they do and it's silly. There are certainly men who cheat who keep their wedding rings on. :wink:

Beakerfan

Reaction score
While at a restaurant celebrating my 22nd birthday last year, I had a waitress ask if I was turning 12. I don't eat there much any more lol.

Hubert

Reaction score
While at a restaurant celebrating my 22nd birthday last year, I had a waitress ask if I was turning 12. I don't eat there much any more lol.
Oy...I think that one takes the cake...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Jeez, and I thought teachers stopping me in the hallways to question if I'm a student was bad :embarrassed: