Mike Quinn's Secrets Of Puppetry training puppet

Mike Quinn

Reaction score
Hi guys 'n' gals! I've been making these on and off for a few decades to be used to learn hand puppetry. They are tried and tested and used by many professionals and collectors.
This will be the final batch before my Secrets Of Puppetry Training Academy opens up this summer.
You only have until February 15th to get on the Quinney Puppet build info list!
Signup at the link below to receive more info shortly - I won't spam you wink emoticon

http://secretsofpuppetry.com

Cheers,

Mike Quinn

Mike Quinn

Reaction score
Wow this sounds awesome! Is it pricy?
Hiya! Well the earlier ones I built were for less than minimum wage, lol! I do need to create a sustainable business so I can keep doing more stuff but with that said, I'll see how many people are interested and ultimately serious. The more orders I have the lower the price can be. Not cheap particularly but hand sewn by myself and proven to help teach this style of hand puppetry by many puppeteers. I use mine for TV auditions. It will also be used extensively in my upcoming puppetry training course this summer. For that I'll have multiple levels of pricing so that there will be something good for everyone's needs and budgets. For that I really want to offer as much value as possible and will also be offering some free bits of training and files here and there, so it should be a win for everyone!
So if you are curious, sign up anyway and you'll be notified of final cost for the Quinney just after the Feb 15th signup deadline. This makes it easy for me to contact everyone without missing anybody, with absolutely no obligation to purchase anything.
Oh and there's also a link (after signing up to the Quinneys) for my "Secrets Of Puppetry for Film and TV" online training Academy signup for the summer launch. As mentioned, there will be some bits of free training and other info for everyone at that time.
Hope that helps a little.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Hiya! Well the earlier ones I built were for less than minimum wage, lol! I do need to create a sustainable business so I can keep doing more stuff but with that said, I'll see how many people are interested and ultimately serious. The more orders I have the lower the price can be. Not cheap particularly but hand sewn by myself and proven to help teach this style of hand puppetry by many puppeteers. I use mine for TV auditions. It will also be used extensively in my upcoming puppetry training course this summer. For that I'll have multiple levels of pricing so that there will be something good for everyone's needs and budgets. For that I really want to offer as much value as possible and will also be offering some free bits of training and files here and there, so it should be a win for everyone!
So if you are curious, sign up anyway and you'll be notified of final cost for the Quinney just after the Feb 15th signup deadline. This makes it easy for me to contact everyone without missing anybody, with absolutely no obligation to purchase anything.
Oh and there's also a link (after signing up to the Quinneys) for my "Secrets Of Puppetry for Film and TV" online training Academy signup for the summer launch. As mentioned, there will be some bits of free training and other info for everyone at that time.
Hope that helps a little.
I know the basics, but would you be teaching more technical stuff, like using a monitor,and will you be also teaching puppet building as well?

Mike Quinn

Reaction score
Yes, actually this will teach everything from the basics through to high level stuff. Even if you know the basics it's actually good to break it down and understand at a deeper level what's going on and why. Even with my 34 years, there's always room to improve. So this is intended to be very comprehensive and I want to meet everyone's needs.
I was wondering about puppet building too, after this if there's enough interest :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yes, actually this will teach everything from the basics through to high level stuff. Even if you know the basics it's actually good to break it down and understand at a deeper level what's going on and why. Even with my 34 years, there's always room to improve. So this is intended to be very comprehensive and I want to meet everyone's needs.
I was wondering about puppet building too, after this if there's enough interest :smile:
Have you thought about contacting Puppeteers of America, and maybe the Center for Puppetry Arts? They maybe able to help you reach more people

Also I know that making Puppetry a career can be very challenging, but do you still think there is still a market out there for puppeteers?

Mike Quinn

Reaction score
All very good thoughts there Dwayne!
For me I see puppetry actually having an upturn right now, a bit of a renaissance. There are many different levels also, from people who do this for fun, friends and family, to hobbyists, to part time puppeteers, to live performers and ultimately TV, Film and Web shows.
To be honest, a career can be carved out if the passion and desire is there. There has never been a better time to use today's tech to learn, create characters, shows and put them online and generate a little cult following. There are so many possibilities. We are entering a new wild west frontier. Exciting times!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I signed up for everything you have to offer. If your willing to teach I'm willing to learn. I have loved the art of Puppetry for as long as I can remember, and to possibly be able to learn from someone with as much knowledge and experience as you have anyone would be a fool not to at least see what all you have to offer.