MC Members & the Hurricane: AL, LA, MS, KY, GA, FL

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Angela/Sugarbritchez is from Mobile, AL, and they got hit HARD by the hurricane. I can't get a phone call through (surprise?) so if anybody hears from her or her husband, or if they see this, give me a yell!!

Anybody else we know of?

I heard it went through Kentucky: Byron, everybody in your family okay?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
GeeBee checked in on the general forum. He's been in New York and is fine.
Erin

christyb

Reaction score
I'll keep praying for them. I've been really worried about all my MC friends down there. Please lemme know if ya'll hear anything!

Beth C

Reaction score
Hi again guys

Sorry I slipped away again but the Hurricane hit an area where I have family and it hasn't been easy. I live in Florida, luckily in a part where the hurricane missed, but it did hit near where my some of my family lives.

We did finally hear from them, and they are okay, didn't get much damage, but the power was out for a while, and it's been madness up there.

I really feel for those that still haven't heard from those they love. All those poor people without homes and food. :frown: It really puts everything in perspective when you think about it.

There are also some other reassons I was forced away again, again with family but this time it's my children's grandmother. She had to have a Triple bypass heart surgery and now we aren't sure she is going to make it. Right now she is still in ICU and critical condtion from an infection the doctors are trying to control.

I was hoping to be back here permanently, but now I just don't know. It's hard to be happy when so much is going on.

~Beth C

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that, Beth. It's good to see you here again, but family does come first. Hope everything's okay! <hugs>

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Has anyone heard from Manda D? Didn't she live in Louisiana?

I'm sorry to hear about your family trouble, Beth. I really hope she does make it, and not just because we want you back here.

Beth C

Reaction score
Fragglemuppet said:
Has anyone heard from Manda D? Didn't she live in Louisiana?

I'm sorry to hear about your family trouble, Beth. I really hope she does make it, and not just because we want you back here.

We are praying morning and night.. so far, nothing has changed, she's still critical.. but she's not getting any worse either.. however, she's not getting any better.

I sleep now on pins and needles for when the phone rings next.

It's not easy by a long shot. Especially keeping the kids informed. They always want to know if something has changed, and right now there is just no change.

~Beth C

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
BethC, I hope things work out for you.

In case anybody is surprised that I'm actually posting over the weekend AND on a holiday (you know, normally I only post through the week) it's because our insurance office is still open. The claims office called on Friday to see if someone could volunteer to keep the office open for the Claims Adjuster, and I did. I gave up my holiday weekend because I knew folks were in need.

On Saturday we serviced 12 families, 18 on Sunday. So far today we're at 11 families. The adjuster is writing $2000 checks to each family to help them out as an advance on their claim later.

The horror stories of missing family members and friends...it's all so horrible and depressing.

I certainly wish the best for folks we cannot find or that we haven't heard from yet. I'm definitely praying for all those other families that I don't even know, and for people I have no idea that existed before this happen--but, I know they're out there.

Let's all keep on praying because where 2 or more people come before the Lord, the prayer is louder and, while he hears them all, he will certainly be listening.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Yesterday I got an email from dvakman saying he's okay. Whew.