MC Book Of The Month Discussion

Whatever

Reaction score
I'll do it if I can get the book, but the uni library only has scholarly books and the public library is too far away. Ditto the bookstore, but I can't afford to buy anything anyway.

Beebers

Reaction score
jediX said:
Alright, after scanning through the great books thread I came up with the idea for a MC Book Club type thing. As in, each month a different book is selected by the group and we all read and discuss it up to a certain page per week (ie chapters 1-5 or something for a week). Of course, many of us like myself have loads of reading to do already, so it might be best to extent the time per book or have each one covered for an indeterminate amount of time.

Anyone interested?
Jedi, by the way, this is a GREAT idea lol.

:wink:

Zondra

Reaction score
*INCOMING TRANSMISSION*
Sure, why not.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I'd definitely be up for it, in theory, but I'm unsure about whether I'd be able to keep up--I'm one of those who has multiple reading projects underway already. I'd love to give it a shot, though, so count me in (for now).

What's on the agenda?

:smile:

jediX

Reaction score
Alright, looks like we have plenty of members so I guess we can begin. Any recommendations? Lord of the Rings perhaps? lol (I've been meaning to read that since I got the book back in January). :wink:

Whatever

Reaction score
Sounds good to me- I know it so well I wouldn't need to worry about getting the book.

jediX

Reaction score
Plus it's very common and easy to come by in stores. My copy of all three books plus the appendices was only $12.

jediX

Reaction score
Well, the book is considerably different from the movie. It's the same, but it isn't. Jurassic Park, for example, is VERY similar to the film, but the book is much more violent, dark, and graphic.

Whatever

Reaction score
jediX said:
Well, the book is considerably different from the movie.
Yeah, the book is different from the Judy Garland movie, but the Muppet Wizard movie will be based on the book, so it would be worthwhile for people to read the book who only saw the Jady Garland movie. Long sentence there!