Master Replicas Gonzo Photo Puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I was just on another website that was selling something else up for preorder that was not Muppet related and it also said protoype shown.
But you're missing the point. There's nothing wrong with prototype photos as long as they are CLOSE to the final product, as Kermit and Animal were. Unless Gonzo still has a sock nose, the final product may be very different from the current proto photo. (Hey! I just coined a phrase! "Proto photo")

:stick_out_tongue:

Luke

Reaction score
The truth here is I don't think any of you are going to see any updated pictures from MR, even if they do say it.
I really don't think its good business practice, even if they don't do it usually anyway, seeing as they know there is concern you'd think if they cared about their customers they'd go out of their way to provide photos to those who pre-ordered to make sure they knew what they were getting before they charged their card. I really hope they sort this out, they will get my money for a few of these replicas but i would definitely not recommend them as a company to anyone.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The truth here is I don't think any of you are going to see any updated pictures from MR, even if they do say it. The only pictures you are going to see is from the fans here who was actually brave enough to preorder him. I was just on another website that was selling something else up for preorder that was not Muppet related and it also said protoype shown.
That's usually the case, but the Gonzo pictures really are terrible. Prototype photos used to sell products should and usually do look better than that. Proto photos often look better than the final mass produced product.

I understand what normal business practices are for this sort of industry, but in this case it would be a mistake for them to maintain the current photographs on their site. I still think they're trying to rectify that no matter what's been said. They are likely a little lean in the photography/design department. It's actually not an unusual thing for creative companies.

Telly

Reaction score
I'm buying as soon as one of my credit cards has enough money on it to allow me to buy one! :concern:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
This has always been a typical thing for MR. Like I said, they have always shown the prototype for there product, this would not be the first time. Infact, I think all of there products have been prototypes due to preorders and such.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This has always been a typical thing for MR. Like I said, they have always shown the prototype for there product, this would not be the first time. Infact, I think all of there products have been prototypes due to preorders and such.
Yeah, that's how almost every company of that sort does it, but usually the prototype pictures look much better than the job MR has done with Animal & Gonzo. :smirk:

If they have an opportunity to swap out the photographs for the current Gonzo product they should take it. Extrememe Muppet fans, like many in this thread, should not be thinking twice about ordering this product as is happening.

MWoO

Reaction score
I remember when Animal was up for preorder and no one wanted him due to his protoype pictures. Maybe it will be like that with Gonzo and all be suprised! :concern:
Well the issues with Animal were corrected by most people by trimming hair, using marker on the eye lids, and in some cases replacing the tongue. The issues with Gonzo are not something that can be easily fixed with a pair of scissors and a marker.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well the issues with Animal were corrected by most people by trimming hair, using marker on the eye lids, and in some cases replacing the tongue. The issues with Gonzo are not something that can be easily fixed with a pair of scissors and a marker.
Even without those alterations, the MR photos of both Animal and Gonzo are just plain bad. My Animal looked much better right out of the box than the MR photographs!

The hair really doesn't need to be trimmed or the tongue removed (unless one wants to shut Animal's mouth). The marker probably doesn't even need to be used as the brow adhesive has a lot of give to be pulled. How they mass-produced such a difficult Muppet I'll never know, but they did a darn good job.

But I get your point. Gonzo's nose is very much an issue - one that I hope they have solved.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
Not sure if this is off topic or not, but as far as your concerns with Gonzo looking right I definetely agree about not pre-ordering until photos surface. However look at some of the toys we grew up with. The publicity photos looked better than the final product. Or in the case of the short lived UPN series Team Knight Rider they advertised the entire set of 5 however never produced or released 3 of the 5 vehicles. (most likely due to no demand whatsoever!) I also know of a Youtube video of the china based MR plant where all the MR FX lightsabers were made. Is shows parts, assembly packaging etc. Feel bad for some of you, empathize with few, and there are a few that I feel need to excersice just a little patience. How many weeks? 2?

KK

Status
Not open for further replies.