Master Replicas Gonzo Photo Puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignohippo

Reaction score
I love Gonzo. He's my all-time favorite Muppet. Ever. But, gosh, those prototype pictures MR has on their site for him right now are just... to be blunt, HIDEOUS! The picture of him standing up looks like they pulled him out of a bag, and leaned him against a wall, it's AWFUL.

I mean, how hard can it be for, apparently, professional photogrpahers to pose this thing? I'm almost certain that some decent posing would make the replica look a lot better and inspire more buyers.

As of right now, I will not be getting the Gonzo replica. The pictures there do it NO justice (if it has any at all). I'm sorry to sound harsh, but really, I think it's just bad, and not worth that much money. If I'm going to spend that much on something, I want it to be worth it.

Here's hoping that going back to the drawing board helped... :smirk:
True on all points.
But, I would think Animal was the worst thing there was if I hadn't seen the fan pictures here on these boards.
Best to hold off on judgement until we actually see the new prototype.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
To all in the Uk. The collector Zone have Gonzo up for pre order at a geat price

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Great price and thay are also saying that he is available on April 1st, maybe he will be an April fool, or we will be if he's not near perfect?

Chris

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Let's all hold back judgement until the first few fan pics are posted or at least until the new MR photos are up. I am not a cheerleader but we should give them the benefit of the doubt before running the Gonzo replica into the ground. Animal, in the MR pics at least, looks completely wrong but the guys on here have managed to do him justice with or without modifications. Fingers crossed the Gonzo won't dissappoint or at least not as much as people are fearing.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Let's all hold back judgement until the first few fan pics are posted or at least until the new MR photos are up. I am not a cheerleader but we should give them the benefit of the doubt before running the Gonzo replica into the ground. Animal, in the MR pics at least, looks completely wrong but the guys on here have managed to do him justice with or without modifications. Fingers crossed the Gonzo won't dissappoint or at least not as much as people are fearing.
MR will reportedly be revealing new info and images soon. I just wish they'd get somebody talented to take the product photographs. Honestly, the ones they have for Animal make it appear like they don't want to sell him. I have him in my home and he looks nothing like those terrible, horrible pictures. He's not 100% perfect but I love my Animal. I can't seem to keep my hands off him and I don't care who knows it. He he.

I still have hope for Gonzo. He'll join the other two either way.

muppetguy

Reaction score
You know what...

You know what would be a great idea for MR to do on their website, they should do a group photo of the muppet replicas that have been released and up for pre-order. They can pose them together and when a new puppet comes out, i.e. :embarrassed: , just add him in. That would sell them alot faster. People would be able to see how amazing they look together and that might even make people who don't want to buy one specific puppet, see the shot of the group and say, that's exactly what I want....I want them all. Just an idea.

Luke

Reaction score
I agree a group shot would be good. Also they oughta have had their product guy come on here and do a Q&A like Ken used to - it would have kept up the anticipation on them and hardcore fans are probably just about their only customers for this so we're all here. They could have had competitions for them (like best custom outfit or photo) and really got people into em. If they're going to be starting to do these Muppet Moment figures they oughta interact more.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi All,

Quick thought maybe of concern, with Animals mouth not opening and closeing, we noticed on the description it said ''Mouth Expression'' and not posable mouth?

Well, the description for Gonzo on Master Replicas site also states the same for him. Does this mean that Gonzo's mouth will not open and close, I really hope not!

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.