Maria and Oscar's pizza skit

mikebennidict

Reaction score
This 1 probably goes back to about 1980 or so. Maria is about to go into a pizza place and tell everyone she's really hungery. Oscar comes along and I can't remember exactly what he says I think he asks Maria to also order a pizza with of course some bazzar toppings. Maria's now disgusted says No Oscar I just lost my appitite.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
This 1 probably goes back to about 1980 or so. Maria is about to go into a pizza place and tell everyone she's really hungery. Oscar comes along and I can't remember exactly what he says I think he asks Maria to also order a pizza with of course some bazzar toppings. Maria's now disgusted says No Oscar I just lost my appitite.
Wasn't there an episode when Maria was pregnant, and she was having those stereotypical strange cravings you often hear women have during pregnancies. But she couldn't figure out what it was she wanted. Then they saw Oscar eating one of his usual strange food combinations(I can't remember exactly what it was). And Maria immediately wanted some, as it was exactly what she was craving.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
don't really remember. Don't think I was watching SS that much at that time.

FreddyTheDragon

Reaction score
I believe that was a scene in "Follow that bird". While they are at the diner, Oscar hands Maria a menu with a bunch of strange, gross sounding food on it.
And of course, Maria is horrified.

FreddyTheDragon

Reaction score
Oh, okay. I always thought there was a scene like that in "Follow That Bird" though. (I haven't seen that movie in over 15 years so my memory is fuzzy.)

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
FreddyTheDragon said:
Oh, okay. I always thought there was a scene like that in "Follow That Bird" though. (I haven't seen that movie in over 15 years so my memory is fuzzy.)
It was a scene in the movie, almost exactly as you described it. Maria ends up ordering a tossed salad(thinking it's safe) and of course, they launch the salad at her in a catapult, which sets off a huge food fight in the diner.

But I guess there was a different but similar sketech done on Sesame Street as well.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Mike, I remember this skit. I never knew it was from 1980. They reaired it throughout the 80's as an insert. I'm guessing it was originally part of a street story. Seems like a pretty cool episode. I remember watching this as a kid and it made me Hungry for pizza. Even though Oscar described all those awful toppings.