Major Changes in store for Sesame Street Season 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This season, yes. He's been key to at least 2 episodes this season revolving around bikes (he's in bike repair now). Nice to see him in a bigger capacity than in prior seasons.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
So, checking some PBS Listings from KET, it doesn't appear that the season will be premiering in September. So, maybe October or November? Or maybe I'm wrong, who knows!

Drtooth

Reaction score
(shakes head)

You suppose PBS enforces this stuff? I know these are kid's shows and all, but they're just...unbelievable with their air dates lately. This and Arthur. Used to be at least 5 episodes in the fall, 5 in the spring. Now it's like 3 episodes in the fall, 1 in the winter, 1 some other time, 3 in the spring, and the last 2 "eh when we get around to it." Way to keep that competitive edge against the 3 or 4 preschool cable channels and internet sites, guys.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
(shakes head)

You suppose PBS enforces this stuff? I know these are kid's shows and all, but they're just...unbelievable with their air dates lately. This and Arthur. Used to be at least 5 episodes in the fall, 5 in the spring. Now it's like 3 episodes in the fall, 1 in the winter, 1 some other time, 3 in the spring, and the last 2 "eh when we get around to it." Way to keep that competitive edge against the 3 or 4 preschool cable channels and internet sites, guys.
I'm willing to let this slide since the show's had about a year from shoot until air to work on them. And so, they probably need a little more time to edit these shows/make the CGI and such.

cahuenga

Reaction score
42nd season began production on February 8, 2011 and wrapped May 20, 2011. Episodes premiered on September 26, 2011.So Im sure we´ll see new episodes this fall!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Well, of course we'll see it in the fall; we just don't know when. From stuff I've seen on Instagram, there's a Halloween episode (or special, who knows), so the season should be starting in October at the latest.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm willing to let this slide since the show's had about a year from shoot until air to work on them. And so, they probably need a little more time to edit these shows/make the CGI and such.
I'll give it the benefit of the doubt if it's on SW's end. But considering that PBS withheld 2 episodes of Sesame Street to make them relevant to film releases (they pulled the same stunt with Arthur and a Downton Abby tie in...and DA premiered a month before), it's easier to see this as something on PBS's end.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Well, of course we'll see it in the fall; we just don't know when. From stuff I've seen on Instagram, there's a Halloween episode (or special, who knows), so the season should be starting in October at the latest.
Have any pictures of the Halloween thing?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Have any pictures of the Halloween thing?
If you can get onto Instagram and search "#sesamestreet46," you'll be able to find them.

Which brings me to something I found there - along with a new theme arrangement, they did film a new opening sequence. So, yay!

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
If you can get onto Instagram and search "#sesamestreet46," you'll be able to find them.

Which brings me to something I found there - along with a new theme arrangement, they did film a new opening sequence. So, yay!
Thanks @Oscarfan.

Status
Not open for further replies.