Looney Tunes Babies..... ???

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
There is a little saying I coined that works pretty well in response to Smigs post. It is:

"You can turn up the volume however loud you'd like, but if they music is the same, it isn't going to change things."

Basically what I'm saying is this; You can add any H-B character you want to the show. Heck add other studios characters if the rights are available. But if the content of the show is the same, unfortunately Marvin isn't going to change things.

I'm sorry if I'm sounding overly downcasting of this show, but I really am just sick of this type of thing. I'm sure there are fans, and to them I do apologize, but I really need a good adult-humored show to lift my spirits again. I think we all could use another one. Until then, I'm sorry to say, I've got to shoot these shows down.

-Matt

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Originally posted by Smig
Except for June Foray, who was the only one who can pull off Granny, all the dialogue for Baby Looney Tunes (BLT?) was recorded in Canada by voice actors in Canada. Why? It's cheaper.
Yeah, we'll like loop yer cartoon for a six-pack and beaver pelt up here, eh. :stick_out_tongue:

kansasteen14

Reaction score
cantus you dont get it this cartoon is for kids and it shouldnt have adult humor,so just stop whining

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Originally posted by kansasteen14
cantus you dont get it this cartoon is for kids and it shouldnt have adult humor,so just stop whining
Pardonnez-moi for butting in, but no where in this thread was Cantus whining. He was simply stating his opinion about this. If he had been whining, he wouldn't have been providing information with which to back his argument up.

As for Baby Looney Tunes (pardon me while I try to control my digesting breakfast) being a show for kids and not having adult humor...Tiny Toons and Animaniacs were geared towards kids as well, and the humor there was far beyond the humor in BLT (BLT? Good grief, the cartoon's a sandwich! Okay, I'll stop...). The same with Muppet Babies: geared towards kids, but filled with enough jokes, puns, etc. that would fly over the younger kids' heads but their older siblings and/or parents would get. That's part of what made those shows so likeable.

Also, with Tiny Toons the main characters were separate entities from the Looney Tunes characters we all know in love. Sure they shared similar characteristics (Bugs and Buster's quick wit, sarcasm, popularity, etc., Daffy and Plucky's egocentricism...I could go on but I'll stop), but they were their own characters as well.

Baby Looney Tunes...I've seen none of that yet. Yes, the characters are cute, but that's all they've got going for them. That's why I seriously have my doubts about this show.

-Kim

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by Skeeter Muppet
Pardonnez-moi for butting in, but no where in this thread was Cantus whining. He was simply stating his opinion about this. If he had been whining, he wouldn't have been providing information with which to back his argument up.
*starts applauding*

(BLT? Good grief, the cartoon's a sandwich! Okay, I'll stop...)
there's gotta be a good way to modify that joke, but all i can think of is "no it isn't, a sandwhich just isn't a sandwhich without the cool taste of Miracle Whip!" which isn't necessarily funny, so much as the thought of Baby Pluc...er Daffy slathered in Mayonaise is.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Oh Kim, Mike, that you both so very much. I'm overcome with a warm loved feeling that overrides the angry nature of the Kansas fellow.

I really try to be non offensive on here, because I truely believe that when I'm here, I'm just one of the guys, and were all just Muppets fans. No matter what our political views, musical or entertainment preferances are like, were all just a bunch of Muppets. I know not many people necissarily will take offense to my statements, but I like to apologize in advance, because I get opinionated, and I really don't want to offend my fellow man, woman, and Muppet. Yet again, the concept of Mutual respect is brought up, and again I'm sorry to say I feel it has flown of the head of Mr. Kansasteen. For this, I am truely sorry.

I understand your disliking towards me, which is something I thought we had worked past. I guess I was wrong. But if you should feel the need to keep the fued going please, flame me in a post where I really fly off the handle - not it one where many of the posters are in agreement. It just looks bad for you, and that's something I don't like to see. So with that stated very civilly, let me continue with my post.

BLT's are nothing without; Baby Miracle Whip! *enter Baby toons* (LoL...Can You Picture That?!)

Oh, in the confusion I almost forgot my new show idea! You ready for this?:

Baby Toons Battle Royal!!! - Oh yeah that's right. Total all-out no-holds-barred toddler combat! Oh can ya see it now my friends? Muppet Babies, Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, all duking it out toon style! I see the potential here; Cute characters for the kids, toon carnage for the adults! Bang!! :smile:

(PS - That was a joke, for anyone who might have construed it as different. Thanks again Kim, you are truely rock and roll. KIM ROCK! :smile:)

-Matt

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
Thanks again Kim, you are truely rock and roll. KIM ROCK! :smile:

-Matt
*blushes* No problem, Matt. After having hung around the Digimon fandom for so long, coming to the defense of others is somewhat second nature to me. I was glad to do it.

-Kim

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Heh, awesome. Never a big Digimon fan, but I'm glad to see it builds character, even while its draining your pockets pouring money into cardboard cards :wink:. But, what do you think of the Battle Royal? I mean come on, that's a beautiful idea, is it not? :smile:

-Matt

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
Heh, awesome. Never a big Digimon fan, but I'm glad to see it builds character, even while its draining your pockets pouring money into cardboard cards :wink:. But, what do you think of the Battle Royal? I mean come on, that's a beautiful idea, is it not? :smile:

-Matt
*grins* I'm more into the anime than the cards (and honestly, you wouldn't beLIEVE some of the...people I have to associate with in that fandom. We don't call them "rabid" for nothing).

The Battle Royale sounds...interesting. Already I can see Wakko reaching into his gag bag for ammo, Dot pulling out her pet and Yakko warming up his two paddle balls at once. Heck, they'd probably choose sides: the Muppet Babies and the Baby Looney Tunes on one side, and the Tiny Toons and Animaniacs on the other.

That would be before all **** would break loose :wink:

-Kim

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
LoL...Rabit Digimon fans...lord what is this world coming to..:smile:

Heh, yeah...I could just imagine Muppet Babies jumping off the high ropes in the wrestling ring, slamming onto BLTs (hold the mayo). Funny thought, but aint it better than BLT? :big_grin:

-Matt