Little things we've noticed

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It’s been easier to catch Moss’ voice with more clips that show his voice outside of singing bass (and there’s also an interview of him speaking somewhere archived on here).
I heard that interview sometime in the last year, linked from a Toughpigs thread. I did notice he sounded a bit like the Alphabeat he did.

I remember back when I didn't have much access to Little Jerry and the Monotones, I assumed that was Richard Hunt doing Big Jeffie's lines in With Every Beat of My Heart (I wasn't too familiar with Jeff Moss's voices at that point). Then I learned which one was Big Jeffie and then saw Telephone Rock, where his voice is Jerry Nelson, and I thought I knew better - I thought it sounded like the one singing on the aforementioned track even though it wasn't his usual voice (while also feeling it sounded a hint like Jerry Nelson - I guess with what I knew, my assumption that they were actually always consistent with their voices, and Little Jerry being performed by Jerry Nelson, I figured it couldn't have been him) in addition to hearing the high-pitched Richard Hunt voice with the next member.

Jeff Moss, Richard Hunt, and Christopher Cerf were usually heard in their songs, but it was rare for all three to actually be in a Little Jerry song (I recently watched Body Rhythms because I could not remember if they were all in it.... I think Nelson did Big Jeffie again, I can't really tell who did the sleeping guy or the extra member). Clearly when they did Four they chose to name them after whoever was voicing them then, I wonder if they consciously chose to have those vocals for that song or if they went with whoever they could get (I hope what I'm asking is worded right) and then named them accordingly. It could have been different if they happened to include Jim Henson or Frank Oz or Joe Raposo in the studio to record that song.

It's odd that in Four, when introducing members, Little Jerry refers to Big Jeffie as "the last, and least", when he seems to be second in command, being the one most likely to get his own vocals in their songs. Though Proud makes them a little more equal, being one of the only ones where all four members gets a line (and Chrissy actually gets two lines over Big Jeffie's one there).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
By Proud and Sad Hunt and Cerf became more active in their songs anyway. Moss was only absent in the two season 6 songs since he was on a temporary departure at that time. Proud honestly could have easily had Hunt perform with the group since it was a season 4 song, but I guess he wasn’t really considered yet for vocals since he was new.

Chris is voicing the customer in Body Rythyms - the purple member is just coughing so you can’t really make that out. I’m fairly certain Moss was voicing Jeffie in that song. I do hear his slightly nasally voice in there.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Chris is voicing the customer in Body Rythyms
Wow. I guess that’s the first time I couldn’t identify his voice, he usually uses the same voice for all his characters (though his normal speaking voice is different enough).

Then again, he could have used other voices that I couldn’t identify. How would I know (well, try the wiki…)?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To be perfectly honest, having watched episode 2017 last night mainly just to see the final airing of “Imagination,” I find I actually like watching the song more specifically on the “Bedtime Stories and Songs” tape more than in an episode; I dunno, I guess it’s probably cause this segment works better as a closing segment than an opening one or one in the middle of an episode for me.

Last edited:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
To be perfectly honest, having watched episode 2017 last night mainly just to see the final airing of “Imagination,” I find I actually like watching the song more specifically on the “Bedtime Stories and Songs” tape more than in an episode; I dunno, I guess it’s probably cause this segment works better as a closing segment than an opening one or one in the middle of an episode for me.
One thing I have been wondering about: when it aired on the show, did it end with all the balloons coming down outside of the street or was that just on Bedtime Stories and Songs? The only YouTube uploads I have seen have been taken from the video.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I, too, was curious to know if the balloon ending aired on the show. That’s one thing that bothered me with the remake - how trimmed the ending was with the already cheap CGI balloons.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yes, that part has aired on the show.
I had watched the street closely to see if that's how it looked in 1972 or 1986, but it is really hard there.

Does it also start with that exterior shot that appears at the beginning on the tape? Seems like an odd way to transition to a segment or open a segment.