Little things we've noticed

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Early to mid 80s seemed to be dominated by Brian Meehl; mid to late 80s seemed to be dominated by Richard Hunt and Kevin Clash (and Marty Robinson to a lesser extent).

cjd874

Reaction score
Early to mid 80s seemed to be dominated by Brian Meehl; mid to late 80s seemed to be dominated by Richard Hunt and Kevin Clash (and Marty Robinson to a lesser extent).
Yes, this trend is visible throughout the entire show's history.

1969-1979: Jim Henson, Frank Oz, and Caroll Spinney kicked things off for the first year; then Jerry Nelson and Richard Hunt joined in the early 1970s. Fran Brill was hired in 1970 and did recurring characters like Prairie Dawn.

1980-1984: Jim and Frank start to ease up from their SS duties, and Brian Meehl and Marty Robinson join the company to perform Snuffy.

1985-1990: Richard Hunt and Jerry Nelson's characters appear more frequently, and Kevin Clash starts performing Elmo. Jim Henson performs in more inserts as Kermit, Ernie, Guy Smiley, and Bip Bipadotta until his sudden passing in 1990.

1991-1999: Richard Hunt dies in 1992, and David Rudman becomes a key part of the cast as Baby Bear.

2000-2012: Kevin, David, and Marty carry the torch. Eric Jacobson, Matt Vogel, and Leslie Carrarra-Rudolph become mainstays as well. Caroll, Fran, Jerry, and Frank continue to perform thirty years after they began on Sesame.

2012-present: after Jerry's death, Matt inherits the Count (and Big Bird after Caroll's 2019 passing). Eric becomes the full-time performer of Grover, Bert, and Oscar. Peter Linz gains recognition for his performances as Ernie beginning in the mid-2010s. Stacy Gordon plays Julia, a character with autism.

Last edited:

TimzUneeverse

Reaction score
The size and placement of the letters in the Burt Lancaster alphabet segment can vary, depending on the episode.

Here's this particular variant, from show 513:

It has been making me feel this way: Should we include an image of every variant of the Burt Lancaster Alphabet segment in the episodes it aired in? If not, that's fine.

Last edited:

TimzUneeverse

Reaction score
Furthermore, I've discovered that some images of pre-season 15 street scenes and inserts in Sesame episodes on the wiki (including the aforementioned Burt Lancaster alphabet screencap seen above) have varying levels of sharpness.

Take a look at this screencap from show 1310:

hooperfan

Reaction score
The more I look at season 15, the more I start to notice it has a pretty dull look to it, coloring wise.
I think it's brighter than season 14 material...videos from that season really seem to have a 'dark' look to them

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It seems like throughout the 70s, Big Bird's nest was positioned closely to the fence of doors, then during the 80s it gradually edged further away until finally by Season 19 or 20 or so, his nest was finally positioned right outside Gordon and Susan's kitchen window, and has remained there up until his nest was placed into that tree in Season 46.