Little things we've noticed

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Segments have been taped one season that were held off until another one, Alex.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I know that, but the two puppets are completely different anyway (the one in the Bert skit has brown hair and a pink nose while the one in the Harvey skit has black hair and a green nose). Plus, the surprise skit has that season 3/4 brightly lit look to it.

Last edited:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I think that might’ve been the mailman from the Count Mail segment.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Was Chris Cerf actually involved in the Official 2 Book and Record album? I noticed he’s listed as project director in the credits (and I have to admit, in the album version of “MAD!” one of the backing vocals sounds a lot like his voice), but I find it interesting he’d be involved with the show so early since the earliest we heard of him was “Proud” by Little Jerry in season 4 (and I believe that’s the only time he was heard in season 4 before he came more active in season 5). Was he listed in the credits on the back of the album? I couldn’t find any credits pictures on the wiki.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Cerf was involved with books and merchandise at the time.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Was Chris Cerf actually involved in the Official 2 Book and Record album? I noticed he’s listed as project director in the credits (and I have to admit, in the album version of “MAD!” one of the backing vocals sounds a lot like his voice), but I find it interesting he’d be involved with the show so early since the earliest we heard of him was “Proud” by Little Jerry in season 4 (and I believe that’s the only time he was heard in season 4 before he came more active in season 5). Was he listed in the credits on the back of the album? I couldn’t find any credits pictures on the wiki.
Just because he wasn't voicing characters yet does not mean he wasn't involved with writing songs yet.

Thinking a bit about the Monotones, even though it was common for one of the regular voices to be absent, I wonder if instead of Richard Hunt they should have had another of the songwriters do a voice (well, With Every Beat of My Heart has Thad Mumford). Might have been awesome if Joe Raposo was one of the Monotones. Not too big a deal, but it does stand out a little that of the four members, two are voiced by Muppet performers (and I'll let Jerry Nelson as the leader slide here) and two are voiced by songwriters/non-performers (and also in the cases, one of the performers and one of the song writers are less prominent in the songs than the others).

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean...... Joe technically was in one of their songs..... just not when the band was established yet (Surprise).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Going back to the album version of “MAD,” I don’t know how often performers (voice or puppeteer) have done triple duty with character voices, but as a personal opinion from listening more carefully, it actually sounds like Moss might have been doing all of the backing vocals (in all honesty I don’t know why I thought it was Cerf and Spinney; the high voice is too high up in range compared to Spinney’s regular female voices) and the other voice is too nasally to sound like Cerf (plus there are hints of the Green Alphabeat’s voice in “Count It Higher” and Jeffy from the haircut song).

Last edited: