Little things we've noticed

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So, I watched the “Let’s Eat: Funny Food and Songs” video for the first time, and while I understand the video was to promote healthy eating and trying new foods, I can’t help but notice Grover just felt SUPER out of character in this video.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Anyone else find it a little weird that so many of the adults on Sesame Street are single?
Even my Feminist (70s feminism, not modern feminism), liberal, neo-hippy, progressive, forward-thinking, open-minded, elderly mother thinks its time SS included an LGBT character.

This, I'm not so sure about. While SS would be the perfect show for an LGBT character to simply co-exist alongside an-already diverse cast of friendly neighbors, given the history, integrity, and legacy SS has engrained into American culture, whatever backlash and outcry that this would result in would smash previous such outcries (the 2005 POSTCARD FROM BUSTER "two moms" episode, the HARRY POTTER book burning when J.K. Rowling outed Dumbledore, even the very recent Mr. Ratburn on ARTHUR marries a man episode); the moral outrage would be nearly apocalyptic . . . those people have already been complaining about how "leftist" SS has gotten in recent years, even with just the inclusion of autistic Muppet Julia (and yes, some of them have actually said they're scared an autistic Muppet will eventually pave the way for an LGBT Muppet).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
What I want to know is how an autistic character has anything to do with being left-leaning?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Because it "pushes agendas" that they don't agree with.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
So, I watched the “Let’s Eat: Funny Food and Songs” video for the first time, and while I understand the video was to promote healthy eating and trying new foods, I can’t help but notice Grover just felt SUPER out of character in this video.
What do you mean out of character for Grover? I thought it was funny

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Like, many skits, even if he screws up an order somehow, he’s still willing to get what Mr. Johnson wants.

Here, him just denying a peperoni pizza just didn’t really work too well in my opinion.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
In the old west skit with Big Barney, you can clearly see some of the characters (mainly the lavender guy and the small orange one) are dubbed over (given that the skit consisted of Jerry, Jim and Frank as puppeteers), but it looks to me that Caroll puppeteered both of them (paying attention to head movement, that and you notice how one character looks lifeless while the other talks).

It’s also clear Jerry was puppeteering the bartender in the first half of the skit, given that Big Barney looks so lifeless at the beginning when he moves and the Bartender just vanishes so Jerry can puppeteer Barney.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I’ve also wondered - in the great Cookie Thief skit, is the lavender guy’s voice Jim or Caroll? Paying attention to the puppetry, it looks very much like Caroll, but I also wasn’t sure if his voice was dubbed over by Jim’s because it does sound a bit like Jim.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In the last few years, it seems like there's been a number of celebrity segments that include a brief mention of a letter of the alphabet but aren't really about that letter. Tori Kelly's "Try a Little Kindness" begins with her singing about K standing for Kindness, Sia's "Song About Songs" begins with her talking about S being the word that starts song, Gwen Stefani's "Be a Good Friend" began with her singing about the letter F being for friendship, and this season had Keegan Michael Keys selling newspapers in a segment that ends with him saying that N is for newspaper (and Sesame Workshop's official upload titles it "N is for Newspaper").

I think this started after the show was shortened to a half hour, so maybe it's to accommodate the shorter form, ostensibly including a letter segment while also giving a little more variety (I guess similar to how some early segments are barely about what they teach, best example being Octopuses Garden, which works in a lesson counting to 8 and the CTW archives first season show content lists it among segments about the number 8). Though this isn't that new. The season 17 segment with Big Bird and Snuffy doing a vaudeville song is technically about the letter S, but it doesn't teach the letter that much - just two questions about S words where the "punchline" is that they all start with S, and a bunch of jokes heavily relying on S words (which I didn't really notice until recently that they emphasized S words).

And most of the segments I've mentioned here have appeared on the recent Awesome Alphabet Collection.

D'Snowth

Reaction score

The buildings in the background during the apartment portion of this song are the same cardboard cut-outs they used to use for the skyline up on the roof of 123.