Little things we've noticed

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
In older segments with Big Bird (I think pre mid 1990s), I noticed he typically preens himself like an actual bird in spare moments. Found that neat
Also something I noticed become less common: his trademark snoring
I believe his snoring has been used less due to Caroll not being able to use as well as he did.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's something that just now occured to me about FTB:

- Big Bird runs away from the Dodos just as night is falling
- The breaking news bulletin about Big Bird running away from home happens after dark, as we can see, everybody who's watching the bulletin is doing so at night
- When we throw to Kermit for his live report from Ocean View, it's broad daylight

How is this even possible? I would think maybe, perhaps, Kermit's report was actually pre-recorded, but it's implied that he's there live on the scene.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Another FTB one that only I can appreciate: during the newscast, the TV set in Hooper's Store shows it's set on channel 2 . . . for me, this was a nice touch, because my local PBS has always been and still is channel 2, so it always seemed like poetic justice to have a TV with channel 2 on it in a movie of a PBS show.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
One of my friends brought this up recently, but throughout Follow That Bird, has anyone else Cookie Monster doesn’t eat cookies throughout the entire thing. He eats a car and a hot dog.

cjd874

Reaction score
One of my friends brought this up recently, but throughout Follow That Bird, has anyone else Cookie Monster doesn’t eat cookies throughout the entire thing. He eats a car and a hot dog.
I just realized that happens in some other SS specials. In Christmas Eve, he eats a pencil, typewriter, a telephone, and Gordon's Christmas tree. In Don't Eat the Pictures, he eats a brochure and the hot dog stand. In Let Me Eat Cake, he eats ALL of Sesame Street, the titular slice of cake, and then the foam letter sponsors.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
He does, it just happens off-screen: remember, he swiped that box of cookies from Sid, trying hard to not wake him up in the process.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
He does, it just happens off-screen: remember, he swiped that box of cookies from Sid, trying hard to not wake him up in the process.
I completely forgot about that. Though in EIG, Cookie Monster doesn’t get to eat cookies correct?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
No, him getting run over by Telly before he can is a running gag.

There was a deleted scene where they tried escaping the jail by swiping the keys, but Cookie eats them.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
No. There's a photo or two on the Wiki that were in one of the tie-in books, though.