Let's Take a Stand:The Muppet Show Season 4 and 5

rexcrk

Reaction score
Eh, when I made this thread, I thought we'd get them at some point. But, it's going to be 10 yrs soon since s3 was released and muppets have sadly underperformed on the big and small screen. I guess we have yt at least or "the best of the muppet show" dvds.
Jeez, ten years? Hard to imagine. I remember thinking the gap between seasons 1 and 2 was brutal lol. Then being really happy that there was so little time between 2 and 3. Oh well.

I'm considering tracking down those "Best of" DVDs with any seasons 4 and 5 episodes just to have.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Jeez, ten years? Hard to imagine. I remember thinking the gap between seasons 1 and 2 was brutal lol. Then being really happy that there was so little time between 2 and 3. Oh well.

I'm considering tracking down those "Best of" DVDs with any seasons 4 and 5 episodes just to have.
Not to hard just keep checking amazon and eBay.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I've got some of the Time-Life "Best Of" DVD and VHS releases from some years back. It seems that may be the only official way to get Seasons 4 and 5 episodes of "The Muppet Show" in physical media right now. I still hope Disney will one day do an official DVD release....... but I'm not holding my breath waiting either. By the way, just a heads-up on the Time-Life releases, of the 15 VHS/DVD sets released, all but Volume 7 has at least one episode from either Season 4 or Season 5.
(Unfortunately, even with those releases, there are still 27 episodes unreleased on VHS or DVD, to my knowledge.)
Have there been any iTunes or Amazon.com, etc. releases of digital episodes? At this point, if I could at least buy the episodes and download them and transfer them to DVD for my personal use from there, I'd be happy with that.

gravy

Reaction score
I think Twitch should do a Muppet Show stream. That would be a good wat to get the episodes out there.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I think Twitch should do a Muppet Show stream. That would be a good wat to get the episodes out there.
Yeah, but Disney wouldn't let that happen. It would have to be on a Disney platform for them to agree. :search:

rexcrk

Reaction score
Hey I wonder if they’ll put The Muppet Show on the Disney streaming service that’s coming out. That’d kinda cool.

gravy

Reaction score
Hey I wonder if they’ll put The Muppet Show on the Disney streaming service that’s coming out. That’d kinda cool.
Ooo! That'll actually be a good idea... But still... Y'know, music rights. They would have released it by now if they got the rights.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Ooo! That'll actually be a good idea... But still... Y'know, music rights. They would have released it by now if they got the rights.
Would the music rights issues still apply to streaming, though?