Last movie you watched

Ziffel

Reaction score
Jaws, great movie there. Lots of great lines from that movie, superbly acted by the three leads, and,of course, an unforgetable and awesome John Williams dihdih dihdih dihdih dihdih music theme for the shark. One thing I love to do every time i watch this movie is pause the scene where we get a look at the great white for the first time (as it suddenly emerges from the water and Brody sees it first). That is so cool. It takes up the whole screen.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
My favourite part of Jaws is when the dude (not Richard Dreyfuss, oh I forget the chatacer's name, haven't seen Jaws in years) is on the beach, and the kid on the yellow floatie is being attacked by the shark. Then they do that camera shot (I was taught in a tech class that it is now known as the Jaws Shot) where they zoom in while panning out (or vice versa), and it gives you that really cool effect like the background is moving. It's hard to describe, but I think most of you know what part I mean. Now its a classic shot.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Oh yes that was another great scene. Chief Brody, played by Roy Scheider, was that dude on the beach. :smile: Really neat tense music that played as the camera zoomed in on his horrified expression, too.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yeah, the score in that is really good. Wonder if it's a John Williams score or not... I wouldn't doubt it though. That guy did EVERYTHING.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I have several favorite camera shots in Jaws,though I love the whole movie.
  • Quint at the end of the platform,with the setting sun behind him
  • Quint's eye shift,when the fishing rod first clicks
  • afore mentioned,the Jaws Shot,or zoom of Brody
  • Chrissy's leg ballet
  • The Aurora pulling out from the harbor,as scene through the shark mouth
  • Quint sliding down the boat,into the shark(that scene is on now)
  • the blow up of Jaws
  • last scene with Hooper and Brody kicking their way into shore

Ziffel

Reaction score
I saw "Spiderman 2" in the theaters last summer. Incredible movie.

unclematt

Reaction score
It was very good and better yet I still havent seen the original

Ziffel

Reaction score
I also saw "Spiderman 2" before having seen the original. I enjoyed the second one so much that I wasted little time in renting the first one afterwards. I think the 2nd one is better but still really liked the first one a lot. They both have great action, great villains, great special effects, great acting from the leads (Tobey Macguire and Kirsten Dunst), and great direction. The second one's special effects and action scenes are just even better. I guess "Spiderman 3" will be coming out next summer. Definitely one to see in the theaters.

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
Just now, watched Home Alone 2: Lost In New York on television. Sometimes, I think that it's even funnier than the first film. LoL.