Large puzzles

Ziffel

Reaction score
I'm thinking about the puzzle segments where a piece at a time would appear on the screen with some cool sound effects. Then after five would appear, they would be shuffled around until they were in the proper places. Then the sixth and final piece would appear and the puzzle was complete. And kids would shout what it is. I remember one was a boy. And one was a truck. And I'm pretty sure one was Ernie the muppet. That's all I can recall for now. Anyone remember any others they may have did? Oh, I think there was definitely an animal one. Maybe an elephant? Giraffe? Horse? Can't place it!

Ziffel

Reaction score
So we have an elephant, a boy, a truck, and Ernie. Can anyone think of any besides these four? I'm stumped.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I know that two were a Fire Truck and a tiger.

superfan

Reaction score
Haven't thought about those in ages! I distinctly recall the Ernie, one though! Sorry, Ziffel, that's as far as my SS cerebral rolodex can go!

Ziffel

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
I know that two were a Fire Truck and a tiger.
Wonder if the fire truck was the same one as the truck one I thought of. I can't recall for sure what the truck I saw looked like, but think it was fairly large, like a fire engine woukl be. As for the tiger, have no memory of that at all. Maybe they still made these puzzle ones beyond 1977?

superfan said:
Haven't thought about those in ages! I distinctly recall the Ernie, one though! Sorry, Ziffel, that's as far as my SS cerebral rolodex can go!
:smile: It does seem like there should be more than just the ones mentioned so far. They seemed to have one of these on quite a bit of shows. However, with so much replaying of sketches I guess it's possible there were only four or five of these. But again, not sure how far into the 70's (or even 80') they continued to make new ones. Really enjoyed the sound effects of the puzzle pieces spinning around, landing on the "board", and then shifting around!

superfan

Reaction score
That was one of the great things about SS...they always had fun with sound effects.

Rosewood

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Wonder if the fire truck was the same one as the truck one I thought of. I can't recall for sure what the truck I saw looked like, but think it was fairly large, like a fire engine woukl be. As for the tiger, have no memory of that at all. Maybe they still made these puzzle ones beyond 1977?

:smile: It does seem like there should be more than just the ones mentioned so far. They seemed to have one of these on quite a bit of shows. However, with so much replaying of sketches I guess it's possible there were only four or five of these. But again, not sure how far into the 70's (or even 80') they continued to make new ones. Really enjoyed the sound effects of the puzzle pieces spinning around, landing on the "board", and then shifting around!
Something in the back of my mind recalls it being a big dump truck.

Ziffel

Reaction score
A dump truck sounds like a very high possibility to me, Rosewood. So maybe there was a separate one where the children shout, "It's a fire engine!"