Labyrinth: The Musical

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
I was thinking, does anyone else believe that Labyrinth could be made into a show for the stage? I would enjoy to see it on Broadway, but who knows since there's Spamalot based on a movie. And didn't the Muppets have a show on Broadway at one time (not including Muppets Take Manhatten)?

They already have the musical numbers and maybe a few more could be added or changed. The coustumes of the goblins, Sir Didymus, Ludo, Hoggle, etc. could be done. They did Cats, Seusical, and Starlight Express. Maybe the could change some of the story too, keeping the main plot about Sarah looking for Toby, but maybe add more about Sarah's past and her relationship with Jareth.

Any other takers?

alorindanya

Reaction score
Believe it or not, Cheryl Henson talked to me about doing Labyrinth as a musical (it was a book signing, so it was very brief) and mentioned David Bowie being involved. This was in November of 2005, so I don't remember the exact words she used, but it sounded like it was just a concept they were toying with. God, I would KILL for that to become a reality.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Well, if see any of the people who work with the Hensons or the Hensons themselves we need to bring it up and get a more definite answer.

edible eye

Reaction score
There was a stage version of Labyrinth done in Australia.

edible eye

Reaction score
I lost the link a while ago. There was just a pick of the program cover. I wish there were more pics.

alorindanya

Reaction score
I looked for the website and it looks like it was taken down.

Lazarus

Reaction score
That sounds like a great idea!

That would be a fun show to see (or to be in).