Kermit's Christmas Capers coming this December

MWoO

Reaction score
I think some direct to DVD movies are good like the Alladin stuff. Other than Homer Simpsons taking over for Robin in the second one the Alladin trilogy is pretty good, though nothing beats the first in the series.

While I owuld not like to see a direct to DVD sequel I would like to see direct to DVD movies if possible. That is what is good about the muppets though. They don't need to have direct to DVD sequels. If you want Bambi in a new movie it has to be Bambi 2. If you want Dumbo in a new movie it has to be Dumbo 2, but the muppets can be in another movie that is all on it's own and new.

What ever is happening with the MHC it seems that the muppet push is starting to slow down big time. A lot of stuff has been announced and if it's not in production by now it's just not happening.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, I dont mind made fro DVD Movies either, and the main reason why cartoons can be sequels and the muppets don't is because the muppets are not just characters, but actors, even when their playing themselves.

Do you suppoes, that the reason for the reason for the slow down in with the Muppet could possibaly be beause Disney is in the middle of a of a transition faze right now, sometimes that happend's,things are put on hold when one head is moving out, and another is coming in. Just a Guess.

unclematt

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
Do you suppoes, that the reason for the reason for the slow down in with the Muppet could possibaly be beause Disney is in the middle of a of a transition faze right now, sometimes that happend's,things are put on hold when one head is moving out, and another is coming in. Just a Guess.
I hope you are right. I dont know how much of these ups and downs I can take. While the ups are great the downs are severly hard, especially when you care about the Muppets and thier future as much as I, and I am sure most of you, do.

beaker

Reaction score
I'm surprised Kermit's Xmas Caper was even announced, as anyone could see they were'nt going to be able to script/perform and film and then edit this thing in time for any sort of Holiday spot.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
beaker said:
I'm surprised Kermit's Xmas Caper was even announced, as anyone could see they were'nt going to be able to script/perform and film and then edit this thing in time for any sort of Holiday spot.
They were going to be able to get it done in time for Christmas. There was no concern about time when it was originally planned. However when the new CEO came into power at Disney and changed most of the management of the Muppet Holding Company, it put a hiccup in the already tight schedule, and through the whole project off track. With such a tight timeframe to get things done in a lost week or two of work, while the new guys got settled in could mean not having it done in time for Christmas. Plus some reports say that the new management was not a strong supporter of yet another Christmas special at this time (as the Muppets just did one in 2002, and have half-a-dozen more). Maybe the idea will resurface for 2006, or later on down the road, or maybe we'll never see it (like the dozen of other announced films/specials/shows that never came to be).