Kermit's appearances and acquaintances on Sesame Street

Duke Remington

Reaction score
And as far as the humans go- what about David, Gina, Linda, Mike, Uncle Wally, etc. - Any others that Kermit interacted with that I've missed?
I agree. I, too, am curious to know if Kermit ever interacted with any of the aforementioned SS humans.

Also, did he ever interact with Olivia, Buffy, Willy, Miles, Mr. Macintosh, Celina, Savion or any of the other more secondary SS humans?

And how often did the frog interact with Maria, Luis and Mr. Hooper? Any examples of scenes or skits?

Beauregard

Reaction score
oh yeah- and I forgot about those crowd scenes at the end of The Muppet Movie and others...yeah, I suppose you can count them, assuming you can actually list them all- LOL
But I guess since that might be a bit hard, I'll stick with more actual interactions, even if it is only a brief "Hello" or something.
Note: Don't ever dare minor muppetz to list things...they are a listing GENIOUS!

Snuffylover

Reaction score
Kermit has also interacted with The Amazing Mumford. Once. In a Newsflash skit about Thumbellina.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I, too, am curious to know if there were ever any "street stories" that revolved around Kermit.

And did Kermit ever announce the letter and number sponsors at the end of an episode?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Note: Don't ever dare minor muppetz to list things...they are a listing GENIOUS!
Hahaha- good thing to note.:smile:
And I agree with you.

Wow- nice to see this thread revived. Thanks for the other contributions.
I don't know if Kermit's ever done the number and letter sponsors, but he has done segments introducing kids to a letter of the alphabet- he had a few where he would draw the letter with his finger- like the letter "K" for instance.

Yeah- I do recall that Kermit and Amazing Mumford Newsflash sketch now. And Kermit's done a sketch with the Two-Headed Monster? Cool. I'll have to look that up. Somehow the "Everybody Be Yo'self" song had kinda skipped by me when it first aired, but I've seen it since and it is nice to see Kermit's appearance there.

Also, did he ever interact with Olivia, Buffy, Willy, Miles, Mr. Macintosh, Celina, Savion or any of the other more secondary SS humans?

And how often did the frog interact with Maria, Luis and Mr. Hooper? Any examples of scenes or skits?
Well, I know that Olivia is in "Christmas Even on Sesame Street" though Kermit didn't specifically talk with her. But I'm pretty sure you can see them together in a crowd scene at the end of the special, after Big Bird is found and "Keep Christmas with You" is playing.
Actually, this is also the main place where I've seen Kermit with Mr. Hooper in something- although again, he doesn't really talk to him here. But Kermit does talk with Maria and Luis in the Hurricane episodes on Sesame Street.
And in the Sesame Street Home Video series from the 1980s- on the "Big Bird's Story Time" video- Kermit shows up in a number of NewFlash sketches, but then he also makes an appearance in the linking footage and actually plops down next to Big Bird and Snuffy in Big Bird's nest and takes a nap, exhausted after reporting on all those stories. I know Kermit's shown up with Big Bird before, but this is about the only time I can think of where I've seen him with Snuffy. Oh yeah- and Maria was in that scene too.
I knew Kermit saw some of the Sesame Street gang in the three episodes of "The Muppet Show" they showed up on (besides the "Sex and Violence" pilot) but I'd forgotten about some of the specials like "The Muppets Celebrate 30 Years" and "The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson"- Kermit and Prairie Dawn are in the same scene at the end of the latter one there. And Elmo and Grungetta for that matter too. And some of the Fraggles and Bert and Ernie, I do believe. I'm thinking Big Bird was in this one too? It's been a while since I've seen it.
Anyone know of any early Sesame Street episodes to feature Kermit in the Street scenes? It'd be great to find a whole Street story revolving around him, but even just showing up somewhere on the Street would be cool too.:smile:

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Anyone know of any early Sesame Street episodes to feature Kermit in the Street scenes? It'd be great to find a whole Street story revolving around him, but even just showing up somewhere on the Street would be cool too.
There was an episode from season 2, or 3 (it involved Matt Robinson as Gordon, so that's how I can tell) where Kermit was sick so the adults took care of him. I read a transcript of the first few seconds somewhere years ago - what happens is Gordon, Mr. Hooper and some kids were about to play basketball in the courtyard, then Kermit came along, wanting to play too. But Kermit started sneezing a little, at which point Gordon and Mr. Hooper begin to think that something might be wrong with Kermit, but he denies it, until his sneezing gets worse. The adults then realize that Kermit is coming down with a cold, so they have Susan check on him.

You can see a still from the episode here:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100211225344/muppet/images/0/0d/Kermitsapartment.jpg

Duke Remington

Reaction score
There was an episode from season 2, or 3 (it involved Matt Robinson as Gordon, so that's how I can tell) where Kermit was sick so the adults took care of him. I read a transcript of the first few seconds somewhere years ago - what happens is Gordon, Mr. Hooper and some kids were about to play basketball in the courtyard, then Kermit came along, wanting to play too. But Kermit started sneezing a little, at which point Gordon and Mr. Hooper begin to think that something might be wrong with Kermit, but he denies it, until his sneezing gets worse. The adults then realize that Kermit is coming down with a cold, so they have Susan check on him.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100211225344/muppet/images/0/0d/Kermitsapartment.jpg
Was that transcript posted on ToughPigs.com or something?

Also, were Maria, Luis and/or David involved in that plot as well?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Secret fact: Although I enjoy making lists and often put alot of tought into my wishlists (especially when it comes to DVD content), I often have trouble making Christmas and birthday present lists (hey, I can't put TMS:Season 4 on a list until it comes out).

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score

AWESOME!!! This is exactly what I have been wanting to find. Thanks so much! And with all the Sesame Street episodes being unearthed recently and that episode guide on Muppet Wiki getting filled in so much, hopefully OlI can find this episode. I SO want to see this one now! I LOVE Kermit on Sesame Street!:smile::wisdom::stick_out_tongue::frown::grouchy::insatiable::super::batty::search::laugh:

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Kermit appeared with the Twiddlebugs in a vintage sketch where he counted six Twiddlebugs who then threw a party with balloons floating in the air that have a black number six depicted on the balloons.

Also, I wonder if Kermit ever appeared in any segments with Elmo?