Kermit on Hollywood Squares: January 20-24

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

It was most deffenitly Kermit. It sounded like him, but his voice cracked. Hasn't your voice ever cracked when someone starts flirting with you in a foreign language you don't understand?
Sorry, Scooter. I've never really had foreign girls flirt with me so I wouldn't know.

I might not be in tonight to see the show, so I'll have to get my VCR set up to see what Kermit says about Miss Piggy's restraining order. If you've seen it in the morning, please don't give away too much, or I won't be surprised when I see it. :big_grin:

AbbessBryony

Reaction score
I can't believe I'm missing it!!!!!! That's I what I get for not coming here regularly. :frown:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
More Plugs

Kermit plugged his bust today! He did a funny little puppet show thing with it. I wonder what he'll plug tomorrow. Maybe the Fossil watches. That's my best guess.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg celebrates his 200th post

I have all that have aired so far, except Monday's.

BTW, Coolio's appearing next week ... remember him on Muppets Tonight? (I don't know about the rest of you, but I still like what he does.)

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
aww that thing with kermits puppet show was soo cute. *blush* that kermie is such a cutie

by the way...other than busts and figures, what were the other "plugs"

beaker

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: The figure returns for another plug!

Originally posted by murgatoad
The *real* reason for all the product hype at this time by the frog puppet is because Henson is desperately trying to create an illusion of success to potential buyers. Henson is also hoping against hope that those future buyers will take the hype at face value and won't bother to do any real research (which would reveal the poor reviews/sales of KSY and the action figures. I'm betting the sales for the Xmas special were underwhelming too). That ties into the ridiculous verbiage about Kermit at the Hollywood Squares website. It's all a smoke screen. Hope that answers your question about timing, Luke. :big_grin:
Well you make some valid points. I know you get picked on in here, but unlike past 'Statler and Waldorf' types, I think you are making these arguments for a reason.

You wanna know something? Maybe its the bad economy, maybe its buyer complacency, maybes its JHC's lack of promotion, maybe its high price points...but maybe if all the hardcore and casual Muppet fans were actually buying the figures the series wouldnt be so uncertain.

Lots of talk from the collectors, not enough money where their mouths are. It didnt help all the big guns like TRU, Hot Topic, Spencers, and from what Im hearing possibly FAO dropped out...
but man...this line definately needs help...especially with Series 3 coming out. *ack*

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Yeah, the puppet show thing was cool. I still didn't catch the part where he said something about Miss Piggy's restraining order. Maybe, they edited out that part in my area or something. It was funny when Brad Garrett was talking about sleeping with pigs though.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
RockSTAR girl

Kermit's product promotion on Hollywood Squares

Monday- Best of the Muppet Show CD
Tuesday- Action figures
Wednesday- Kermit's Swamp Years DVD (Action figure made 2 appearences, but was not discussed)
Thursday- Kermit bust
Friday- anyone's guess. He could go for Fossil watches or the NBC Christmas Special on video. Or, he could not plug anything at all.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Cory

Yeah, those points are somewhat valid, but go too far. I don't know what's up with toad, but it's like he's been personally wronged by Henson or just his "morbid curiousity" as he put it in another thread. The remarks are more cruel than constructive so I usually ignore them, but I agree that there is something behind this recent promotion - I just don't think it's anything to complain about.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
maybe the bobble head's...but those were not that big, i wouldn't think so,..how about the muppet show dvd's?

well anyways, i wasn't able to watch any of these, they changed the time of the show in my area, it was on at 7:30 PM but now it's on at 12:00 Noon, so i can't watch the show because i'm at school then.

Zack,