Kermit on Hollywood Squares: January 20-24

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Re: Reply

Originally posted by Daffyfan2003

By the way, when the show signed off I heard a laugh that sounded just like Miss Piggy. So I'm wondering how can this be possible if she wasn't on the show. Also, that's when Kermit was flirting with Charo. If Piggy saw that, laughing would be the last thing she'd do. Did anybody else notice this or am I just hearing things?
No, it was Kermit. His voice cracked form flirting. I think he got cold flippers! :big_grin:

That was soooooooooooo funny!

beaker

Reaction score
Re: The figure returns for another plug!

Originally posted by frogboy4
Kermit plugged Swamp Years today! He has plugged something every day on the show I wonder if the busts will be next. This makes me wonder if his appearance is an attempt to make licensors happy. A great move for Henson Co! My magnetic hat is off to him.
True, but why the heck did it take so long. I could name a dozen appearences Kermit made(Craig Kilborn, Very Muppet Xmas, Macy's Thanksgiving Parade, Walk of Fame, etc) that JHC could have had Steve plug the figures. Very lame on JHC's part, and I feel bad for Palisades...think how many more units and exposure the figures could have had, had JHC just made some effort in 2002.

Originally posted by Super Scooter
You could see Steve Whtimiere? Where? I was hoping they'd show him in one of the behind the scenes segments soon. That's be awesome!
showing the puppeteer is a big no no when it comes to Muppet performances. There is a recent shot of Steve Whitmire from the Walk of Fame photos.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I'm sorry, guys. But I've seen every show this week and haven't spotted Steve. I guess my vision's pretty bad. Lol.

So, that was Kermit who did that cackle at the end. I didn't think it sounded like him. Maybe my hearing's bad too. :confused:

Luke

Reaction score
Re: The figure returns for another plug!

Originally posted by frogboy4
This makes me wonder if his appearance is an attempt to make licensors happy.
Yeah kinda, but it's more to make future licensee's happy - remember that the licensing shows and the period for going out and getting new deals is just about upon us - i guess when they put out their licensing pack this year stating what exposure the Muppets have had, and the projects they plan to have they'll be able to say that the products from past licensee's have had TV exposure. It's all good, i'm happy - now if there were bust jokes i'd really squirt with excitement ! :eek:

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
He hasn't plugged the busts yet, but you can see it sitting on the desk at the end of the episode. They're smaller than Charo's head. I thought Kermit was great today, but he's deffenitly not as bright as he used to be.
You can say that again.

Yes, Kermit did mention a restraining order for Miss Piggy. Kermit is getting back to his old self. [/QUOTE]

You say it like that's a *good* thing. :rolleyes:

murgatoad

Reaction score
Re: Reply

Originally posted by Daffyfan2003
I'm sorry, guys. But I've seen every show this week and haven't spotted Steve. I guess my vision's pretty bad. Lol.

So, that was Kermit who did that cackle at the end. I didn't think it sounded like him. Maybe my hearing's bad too. :confused:
Well, I asked my grandmother, and she said it didn't sound like him either. She doesn't know who it sounded like. FWIW.

murgatoad

Reaction score
Re: Re: The figure returns for another plug!

Originally posted by Luke
Yeah kinda, but it's more to make future licensee's happy - remember that the licensing shows and the period for going out and getting new deals is just about upon us - i guess when they put out their licensing pack this year stating what exposure the Muppets have had, and the projects they plan to have they'll be able to say that the products from past licensee's have had TV exposure. It's all good, i'm happy - now if there were bust jokes i'd really squirt with excitement ! :eek:
The *real* reason for all the product hype at this time by the frog puppet is because Henson is desperately trying to create an illusion of success to potential buyers. Henson is also hoping against hope that those future buyers will take the hype at face value and won't bother to do any real research (which would reveal the poor reviews/sales of KSY and the action figures. I'm betting the sales for the Xmas special were underwhelming too). That ties into the ridiculous verbiage about Kermit at the Hollywood Squares website. It's all a smoke screen. Hope that answers your question about timing, Luke. :big_grin:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by murgatoad

Yes, Kermit did mention a restraining order for Miss Piggy. Kermit is getting back to his old self.

You say it like that's a *good* thing. :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]

It is! I love it that Kermit can pick on Miss Piggy again! He's great!

It was most deffenitly Kermit. It sounded like him, but his voice cracked. Hasn't your voice ever cracked when someone starts flirting with you in a foreign language you don't understand?:big_grin:

Why Charo? She's........ Scary.:eek:

murgatoad

Reaction score
[/B][/QUOTE]

It is! I love it that Kermit can pick on Miss Piggy again! He's great[/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, he's especially great at it when she's not there to defend herself. He comes off as a wimp and a jerk. Glad you find it amusing.

[/B][/QUOTE] It was most deffenitly Kermit. It sounded like him, but his voice cracked. Hasn't your voice ever cracked when someone starts flirting with you in a foreign language you don't understand?:big_grin: [/B][/QUOTE]

Sorry, but my experience in flirting with obnoxious "Z"-list stars is somewhat limited. :big_grin:

Why Charo? She's........ Scary.:eek: [/B][/QUOTE]

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Grrr...see, ya get caught up, ya leave MC for a week, and what happens? Ya miss Kermit on Hollywood Squares. Gah, it steams my carrots, being the kid that cancels dates just to tape tv shows. (:wink:). Anyway, who's been taping it? I'f you have all 4 already-aired days and are planning on taping tomorrow's episode, send ol Buddy Matt an email and maybe we can trade. :big_grin:

-Matt