Kermit, Miss Piggy on Emmy Red Carpet

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
TV Guide had a little picture of K and Miss P with this announcement. So far so good with Disney. . . :smile:

McFraggle

Reaction score
I've been pleased thus far, they seem to really be trying to get awareness out. :excited:

WiGgY

Reaction score
Ok, so I watched some of it. It was kind of "eh". Kermit and Piggy weren't any worse than the other pre-show hosts basically yelling into a microphone. Eric was ok. Steve doesn't seem to do so well as Kermit when doing unscripted stuff. He constantly goes for the corny joke that never hits.

Muppet presence is good and at least Disney is using the muppets and not letting them sit in storage. Maybe this isn't so bad after all. I do wish they'd use some other characters for this live stuff though. How about Kermit and Fozzie, Gonzo and Rizzo, Statler and Waldorf, or another Muppet duo. But Kermit and Piggy are better than no muppets at all. And they are being used ousdie of kids stuff. I mean, no kid is watching the emmies.

McFraggle

Reaction score
I seen part of it, and like you said it was ok. Oh well, at least they are getting used. :smile:

goshposh

Reaction score
i thought it was funny when kermit tricked piggy into looking away while he kissed cheryl hines. i also thought it was funny that piggy reconigized that west wing guy not from the west wing but from the doris day show. an obscure reference but very piggy. it seems that frank/eric characters always make obsure pop culture references.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I love it so far! Yeah, you gotta listen hard for all the jokes amongst the shouting, but it's well worth it for me!

Teri Hatcher was also a great plus!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I was really happy to see how often they cut back to Kermit and Piggy during the show. They almost seemed to be co-hosting it!

WiGgY

Reaction score
From what I saw they all had about the same amount of time. It mostly had to do with what stars were where. The other hosts seemed to make fun of them a little bit though. The use of Kermie was a little odd. And that woman host kept reffering to them as the muppets instead of Kermit and Piggy. The muppets will kind of have to fight their way back into the adult audience.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
The muppets will kind of have to fight their way back into the adult audience.
Ahh, a challenge. I think they can do it--there's enough general goodwill out there for the Muppets that can be tapped into if they are handled right.