Kermit honored as Grand Marshall at Michigan State

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a little recap on the festivities from this past weekend. Kermit was honored as Michigan State's Grand Marshall. He also got a little airtime on several occasions on ABC and ESPN. Too bad Michigan State lost the game. Oh well, it gave every media outlet a chance to say "it's not easy bein' green."

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2006/100106.shtml

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Kermit and cheerleaders, now that's cool. :smile: I also didn't realize how young Steve is.

Daylight

Reaction score
Yeah, Steve is younger than Kermit.

BTW Is it just me or is Kermit starting to look a little flabby/floppy/soggy in his old age? I suppose it's not too surprizing. He is over 50 now. Of course, he is still as hilarious and lovable as ever.

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
Wow, Steve is TALL. Is there any hope for a 5'6" puppeteer? :concern:

Marky

Reaction score
Giar Fraggle said:
You could be a the sequel for Willow?

Joke!

5'6" isn't too short! I work with a guy that height. How long are your arms?

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
Ha ha, very funny.

My arms? Gee, I dunno. I'll have to go check. Good thing I have this tape measure...

About 22 inches from the neck to the end of the wrist when held upright (a.k.a. puppeteering position). I'm not really familiar with standard procedure for measuring arms, though.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Giar Fraggle said:
John Kennedy who performed Kermit on the cruise ship is about 5' 6" as well. Yerrid and Massey are about 5' 8' or 5' 9" also.

Come to think of it, they are kind of short considering Frank Oz is 6' 5" and Jim Henson was about 6' 1", Richard Hunt was 6', Kevin Clash is 6' 1", Marty Robinson about 6' 3".

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:
John Kennedy who performed Kermit on the cruise ship is about 5' 6" as well. Yerrid and Massey are about 5' 8' or 5' 9" also.

Come to think of it, they are kind of short considering Frank Oz is 6' 5" and Jim Henson was about 6' 1", Richard Hunt was 6', Kevin Clash is 6' 1", Marty Robinson about 6' 3".
ok I think we've now found the source of the problem...heheh
hmm actuly it could be the other guys where better cause of there heights. *shruggs*